Dan's first Triathlon!!!!

TRI FOR FUN
Today Dan accomplished a goal he had made for himself.
**To complete a Triathlon before he turned 30 years old. He did it at 29 years old. And we are so proud of him.

He did a Triathlon; sprint level in 1:18:26. That is 1 hour, 18 minutes, and 26 seconds. Everyone has told him this is a fantastic time for his first Triathlon. He is a bit competitive and said he could have done better. He said he could have shaved off 5 minutes from his run had he been better hydrated. We think he did great!
                                                      
What a great way to celebrate Father's Day weekend! So proud of Daddy!

His buddy from work, Steve helped him in training and preparing for the big day. Steve came out to the race at 6:00 am to root him on and continue to coach him. Steve was also the reason that I was able to attend this race. I have been on bed rest the last few weeks of this pregnancy. But, my OB gave me special permission to go see Dan race. She said as long as I stayed sitting down in the chair, in the shade, drinking lots of water, then I could go for a little bit to watch Dan! So Steve was awesome and took care of the boys. And I was so grateful for this. I really wanted to support Dan on his big day. And I was able to take some great pictures!!

Pregnant and ready to pop!
Here are a few highlights of the race from beginning to end.

Early morning risers watching the race.
 SWIM


 BIKE
 RUN
 Ben was able to finish out the last of the race with Dan.
  Go Dan! Happy Father's Day weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound