Decorating the boys room

I have some decisions to make. For the first 4-6 months Zach will sleep in his cradle in the master bedroom. But then after that, Ben and Zach will be sharing a room. We do qualify for a 3 bedroom. However, I have no desire to move any time soon.

So it's decorating time! For the past 3 years Benjamin's room has been sports theme. Dan and I both love sports. That is no secret. However, I am a little burned out of sports theme. And Ben's crib bedding is stained, ripped, and faded. So, I need to decide on Zach's bedding and a new set for Ben. So I need your input! My mission if I wish to accept it, is to choose a new theme for the room without breaking the bank. I also have to keep in mind that whatever we choose for Zach, will be with him for the next 3 or more years.

First option - This is my favorite. However Dan insists that is is way too girly and will give Zach a "complex". ;) What do you think? Too girly? We would just have the basic bedding. Not the wall hangers, curtains, or border. And, I am really liking bold colors lately. I am tired of pastels and pale colors.
Second option - This really caught my eye. Bordering on a little too pale, but my liking it out weighs that.
Third option - This has really grown on me. I could easily find toddler bedding for Ben in construction theme. And Ben is currently in love with anything to do with bull dozers, or fork lifts.

So give me your suggestions. 1. Is the first option too girly? 2. Out of the three choices which is your favorite?

Comments

Mel said…
My favorite is actually number 2!! But all of them are super cute, you can't go wrong :)
Cross Family said…
They are all cute but the first one may look too girly cause they have everything in that model room. I just put Emily in with Brianna it will be great for your boys to bond together as they grow. Anyway maybe get out of the "baby theme" altogether and get into just "boy theme" like at target they have the girl themes and boy themes that I think are cute.
Cross Family said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
My favorite is the first one, and it would totally work for a girl or boy, depending on what color you painted the room. Use more blue/green on accents like sheets, paint, curtains, and furniture to keep it less feminine. the last one is awesome and no girly about it! All Melanie's boys were really into construction, so that one appeals to me, too. It also could grow well with the boys.

Super cute choices!
Englishfam said…
I like them all! I wouldn't go with the first one if you are looking for him to keep it for a few years just because it does look a little more "babyish"(not girly though!) than the others. My favorite if I had to choose would be the 3rd with the construction. All boys love cars! Thats my input, but I really do like all of them.
Anonymous said…
Hey hun...I just bought some fabric for a wall hanging in my classroom. Guess what it is? The Very Hungry Catapiller!

I think Eric Carle's A Very Hungry Catapiller would be the cutest nursery or kids room. Just a little thought. Miss you lots...XOXO
Anonymous said…
last comment about eric carle was me.
Sheree' said…
Yes, I think that the 1st one is too girly and the 3rd is too busy. I love the animals theme in the second one. I could so see the room turned into a safari!
Anonymous said…
I like number three, and it will blend with Ben-jamin's car collection. It makes me think about you and Daniel and classic Pooh! Love Grandma Reva
I would pick number 3. I love the color scheme, and it would be appropriate for both boys despite the age difference. A friend of mine went with something similar and painted "dirt mounds" along the base boards on one wall of the room. It turned out really cute!
Anonymous said…
I like them all, but I think you should go with the third one because boys LOVE big machinery on wheels. I don't know why Dan thinks the first one looks girly (maybe it's the ruffled bedskirt?) but if that's how he feels about it, then you should respect his opinion. My personal favorite is the the jungle animals, but then I won't be the one living with it. I vote for #3.
Love you guys, Aunt Elaine
Miss Megan said…
Wow those are some gorgeous bedrooms. I think my personal favorite was the first one and no I didn't think it was "girly" at all. Of course the second one had a charming simplicity to it as well. I say go with what you love!
Sparkle Mama said…
hmmmm that is tough...they are all cute. i would go with what you think you won't get tired of in 2 years. i pick the kid's rooms by what i will like and what will last the longest... because i am the picky one and they are too little to really care about their rooms yet. look at me talking like ethan is already here. ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound