While Dan was gone

The day after Dan left we got a surprise box from Aunt Judy! It was a "welcome to your new home" box! It was filled with fun souvenirs from Arizona and Mexico, toys and candy for the boys, and some souvenirs from Judy's latest sporting event that she went to. The boys were really missing Dan this day. This box came at a perfect time!
 The boys waited and waited for this egg volcano to erupt with a dinosaur!


While Dan was gone, our church set up a weeks worth of dinners to be brought to us. Also set up, was babysitting for the boys for a few hours a day. I am so humbled that these women whom I barely know and lead busy lives themselves, took the time to help us out.
Also, my Mom drove out Thursday night from San Diego and stayed through Monday afternoon. She was the equivalent to having a personal chef, maid, and nanny for 4 days. I can't tell you how much I appreciated her coming out to help me.

Dan returns home tomorrow. And I look back at these past 2 weeks with so much gratitude. This has been my hardest pregnancy. And I have had to let down my super woman persona and accept a lot of help. And that has been really hard. Yet, at the same time in doing so, my life has been blessed in more ways than I can say in words. Seriously feeling the love these past few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound