Bed Rest

I was in the Labor and Delivery level of our hospital from 9am - 8pm last Friday. I was doubled over with front lower abdomen pain, 100' fever, lower right side back pains, and my whole right side of my neck was swollen and tender to the touch. My OB was worried that I had appendicitis. And that would cause the baby to have to be delivered. Thank heavens it was not appendicitis.

My white blood cell count was 18,000. And the normal is 14,000 when pregnant. After a few ultrasounds, they found 2 cysts on my right ovary. But everything was fine with the baby and the placenta. My fever was 100'. I was also severely dehydrated. I was given a few bags of Iv fluid. My OB originally wanted to keep me over night as a precaution. The high white blood cell count was worrying her. But I really just wanted to sleep in my own bed. And I promised that we lived 3 minutes away, and I would be right back at the hospital if the pain worsened. I can be pretty convincing. (I keep telling Dan I should be a lawyer.) She okay ed my discharge.

The following Monday I had a check up appt. with my my OB in her office. I still felt like I had been hit by a train, had zero energy, vertigo, chest pains, shortness of breath off and on, right ear pain, and then my right eye and side of face swelled up and looked like this........
 Trying to open my eye to see the redness and infection.
The OB referred me to an internal medicine doctor.
Final conclusion: I have a viral infection that turned into a bacterial infection in my head. And my immune system is run down which is causing a weird red rash on my face. The lower back pains were from dehydration. The front lower pains were probably from an ovarian cyst that burst. I was originally put on a Z Pak antibiotic and then switched to a stronger antibiotic of Augmentin. I was also given an eye antibiotic. As of today, I still feel pretty run down. I keep getting short of breath and wheezy. But the worst is hopefully over. I want to cook, organize, clean, and decorate. My body is forcing me to be on a lot of bed rest. I just want to feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

holy cow!! i only had the dehydration and thought i was going to die. i can't imagine how you felt or how you make it through! i just kept thinking of the beautiful baby coming and prayed a lot. good luck lady! i'll pray for your fast recovery.
jody

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room