Pregnancy Update

Pictures taken on 3-18-11 
 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant

Pregnancy Update Info:
Because of my post partum complications with blood pressure after Zach was born, Benjamin's platelet and other health complications after he was born, and the fact that I had a stroke, this pregnancy is considered high risk. Along with my regular OB, I also see a Perionatoligist. He specializes in high risk pregnancies. Because I had a stroke in September 2009, my chances of having another stroke are increased when pregnant. I did not realize this until I was already pregnant. So, this will definitely be our last baby. Also, to decrease the risk of another stroke, I have to give myself an injection needle into my stomach every night. This medicine is called Lovenox. It is an anti-coagulant. It prevents my blood from clotting. It stings, and causes bruising. But, I know it is keeping the baby and I safe. I am scheduled to have a C-Section. So just in case the baby comes sooner than scheduled, at 36 weeks pregnant I will be taken off the Lovenox and put on Heparin. It is a blood thinner. It stays in the body for only 12 hours. As opposed to the Lovenox which stays in longer.
This pregnancy has really made me realize how blessed I am to be able to have children on my own. We have so many friends that are not able to conceive children. I am so grateful for modern medicine and my health. I am grateful that sweet baby girl is safe in my tummy. I am grateful for my amazing husband who watches over me every day and helps me through this difficult time. And I am grateful that the Lord has given me these trials to help me realize how truly blessed I am. I don't take one minute for granted.

Special Presents
Showing off my beautiful fresh water Hawaiian pearl necklace. Dan gave this necklace to me as a combined birthday and Valentine's Day present. And I am in love with them. I have always wanted a pearl necklace. I told Dan, "I now feel like a Mom! I have a pearl necklace!" He spoils me.

My belated present from my Mom was a link added to my Tiffany's bracelet. She originally gave me the heart bracelet back in 2004 when I got married. The heart has the year 2004 engraved on it. This time she gave me a duck that had the year 2011 on it. My Mom said it was to celebrate Ben, Zach, and Isabella. I love it.

Comments

leah- you are one amazing lady! i can hardly handle my little pregnancy complications and mine are not as complicated as yours! but i know what you mean when you say you are grateful for modern day medicine. you and your belly are in my prayers!
jody
ps gorgeous necklace. sooo fancy!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room