Nikon withdrawls

Back in October our Nikon SLR camera was dropped on accident. It was in the padded case. And had only a little ways to fall. So, when we saw the cracked lens we could not believe our eyes. Come to find out the lens was a defect when we bought it. And we did not discover this until Halloween night, when we went to take family pictures of our super hero costumes.

Back on 4th of July 2009, the camera was dropped at the Utah zoo. We used our old camera until September when we could afford to bring it to a camera shop. We finally got around to fixing the expensive lens and pieces September 2010. Then 1 month later October 2010 we find ourselves approaching holiday time and picture taking season, and no Nikon......again!

So luckily, we are blessed with Aunt Judy. She first let us borrow her camera in Arizona for Zachary's birthday and Dan's graduation. Then she told us we could keep it because it was her extra camera! She gave us her Canon 12.1 mega pixel hand held digital! That has saved us through the holiday time!!! From October 31st to now we have taken so many pictures with it. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Road Trips, Moving, Christmas, My birthday, pictures of new home....ect.

Yet, now I find myself really missing the quality pictures that our Nikon took. And the Canon goes through double A batteries like water. And the biggest thing on my mind...we spent so much money on that beautiful Nikon and we are not getting any use out of it. So our dilemma is that Target (where we bought the newest lens) does not sell our lens at any of our local Targets. And to just go buy a new Lens is in the $200 range.
So for now, I will just keep missing our Nikon quality pictures. In the mean time, I am truly grateful that we have the digital that Judy gave us. I would die without pictures of the recent months memories.

It's just a camera right? I think I am a little bit obsessed with it though. This was a long post....... about a camera!

Comments

Ann Marie said…
We have a Canon.. and I have always loved it.. but I think it's because I havent known Nikon.
We need a new camera! My buttons are starting to stick.. and it's almost 10 years old.. so one day.. after the new laptop.. and crown moulding... hahahaha!

I thought I was following you.. weird? Well.. now I am!

I always love to hear from you.. thank you for your comments on my post. Yes.. I'm a freak about my cans faceing outward.. but I get compliments from people that stock grocery stores.. cuz you have to there!!

If I had cable.. oh my.. that's all I would do-- with Cash and Cari, American Pickers, Hoarders, and Peter Walsh.. I would be dead.

I LOVE peter Walshes books.. but he's a little too "get rid of it" for me. I think balance is good.

XO

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound