Dan the man, my super hero


I told Dan today that he was a machine, not a man. I do not know how he does it. But I am so grateful for him. My bronchitis is back. My blood pressure has been 80/50. I am spotting. I am having belly pains. And to make matters worse I can not even keep water down this past week. This pregnancy is way different than the boys. I looked at myself in the mirror yesterday after throwing up. I looked in the mirror and said, "This better be a girl." It was a joke to myself. I just feel like all this bed rest and sickness has to be for something. Otherwise, I was just spoiled with the boys pregnancies.  Or I do not remember how tough being pregnant is. Well, it is said that if you are pregnant with a girl, then you sometimes have morning sickness past the first trimester because of the conflicting estrogen. So that has been on mind.
Well, I do not know why this pregnancy is more difficult. But, I do know that I am so blessed to have Dan as my husband. He holds my hair when I vomit. He changes poopy diapers. He cooks meals. And he tells me how beautiful I am even though I know I look like a crazy escapee from a psych ward!  But, let me tell you where my most recent gratitude came from today. Because Dan, my man, is superman. He has to have super powers. Because once you read this, you will wonder what I was asking myself tonight......how does he do it???

He paid all our bills before I woke up.
He took care of the boys, so I could sleep in.
He made the boys and I a homemade, delicious breakfast.
He then held my hair as my morning sickness reared it's ugly head.
He cleaned up my vomit.
He put Zach down to sleep so I could take a nap.
He took Ben and our dog Wrigley for a walk to the dog park and then to the kids park so they could both get out some energy.
He made a delicious lunch.
He changed 4 stinky diapers of Zach's.
He gave our 80 pd moose dog a bath.
He went for a 20 mile bike ride in an hour. According to his calorie counter, he burned 1200 calories.
He ordered dinner for us, picked it up.
He ordered a movie for our family movie night, and one for the next night so we could have a stay at home date night.
He got me my favorite movie candy.
He forced his eyes to stay open and attempted to listen to me ramble on about the day as he fell asleep on the pillow next to me.

This was all today. Yesterday was my birthday where he made a special dinner. He cleaned all the dishes, dining room, and living room. And so much more..... To top it off, he has taken off all next week from work so he can help me get better. I am so grateful he has 90+ days saved up for time off. And I am so grateful that he is sacrificing his hard earned time off on me. Just so he can play Mr. Mom.

Last week, I woke up to a letter he had written to me before he left for work. It was taped to the bathroom mirror. He told me how lucky he was to have me in his life. He told me that I have made him a better person. Ect....And he would be missing me until he saw me at lunch.

I still have that letter taped to the mirror. I want to remember what he thinks of me. To see myself through Dan's eyes. I just feel so lucky. Because, I feel the same way about him.

The point is, I am so grateful to be married to him. He has a heart of gold. And as I lay in bed feeling and looking my worst, he comes up and kisses me and tells me how beautiful I am. He is my rock.

Thank you Dan. AKA: Super man, Mr Mom, my hero

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room