Quick trip to San Diego
The boys and I made a quick trip to San Diego. Dan stayed home with Wrigley since he couldn't get time off for training. And we missed him so much. But, I was so grateful to be able to be close enough to drive to San Diego.
My good friend and old roommate Nicomi got married! She was my bridesmaid for my wedding. She also gave me a bridal shower. She was the only friend to drive to the bridal shower my Aunt gave me in Julian. And she also helped me with my make up and flowers for the wedding! I was so grateful for her kindness during our wedding. I was so excited to attend her wedding and celebrate her happy day to marry her best friend Manny.
Beautiful photo provided by Nicomi's photographer.
Nicomi provided babysitters for out of town guests. And I was so grateful for this, since this allowed my Mom to be my date for the night. It was so great to see old roommates and catch up. The wedding had it's unique activities. Instead of throwing a garter and bouquet, they threw a fake fish that was worth money. And there was a table set up with candy where you could fish for goodies. The fish theme was so creative and perfect since Manny is a sports fishermen.

The 212 united again. L-R - Katrina, Rachel, Nicomi, Manny, Jody, Megan, and Leah
Nicomi had her eyes closed because of the butt pinching that was going on behind us!

Small world - Megan is the same gal who took my place in the apt when I moved from San Diego to Provo. And she knows my Mom because she used to work with my Mom a few years back at the same job! My mom said, "How do you know Megan?" And I said, "How do you know her?"

Along with attending Nicomi's wedding, the boys and I were able to squeeze in a quick trip to Kono's at PB pier. Visit Grandma Sue and eat lunch with her. And also stop and feed Grandma's horsey some carrots. Also, Ocean Grandma made some caramel apples with the boys, while I got some me time to get my eyebrows waxed.
Laughable moments of the trip -
Every time Zachary saw a horse, he would point and say whore! His word horse sounds like whore. My Mom and I would crack up laughing every time.


Zachary would keep pointing at the ocean and say, "I want pool. I want pool." He thought the ocean was a pool.




A gloomy day at the beach, but we still had fun!
On the way back from the beach we stopped by to visit Grandma's horsey. Si is really great with the boys. And loves to give kisses.


Surprising Grandma Sue - She had no idea we were stopping by. When she saw us, she looked at my Mom and said, "OH! You brought Leah and the kids!" Hearing her say that made my day.
We brought some yummy rolled tacos and Grandma Sue loved it. Here is a picture of Ben giving Grandma Sue one of his soccer pictures.
It was really hard to leave. I know she is in a place where she can receive the care she needs. But, it's still hard to leave her. We love Grandma Sue.
Our quick trip was very quick! And before we knew it, we were back on the road driving back to AZ.
Dirty road trip boys
They had long baths when this trip ended. The car also went through a full detail courtesy of me, Clorox wipes, and the gas station vacuum .

My good friend and old roommate Nicomi got married! She was my bridesmaid for my wedding. She also gave me a bridal shower. She was the only friend to drive to the bridal shower my Aunt gave me in Julian. And she also helped me with my make up and flowers for the wedding! I was so grateful for her kindness during our wedding. I was so excited to attend her wedding and celebrate her happy day to marry her best friend Manny.
Beautiful photo provided by Nicomi's photographer.
Nicomi provided babysitters for out of town guests. And I was so grateful for this, since this allowed my Mom to be my date for the night. It was so great to see old roommates and catch up. The wedding had it's unique activities. Instead of throwing a garter and bouquet, they threw a fake fish that was worth money. And there was a table set up with candy where you could fish for goodies. The fish theme was so creative and perfect since Manny is a sports fishermen.Laughable moments of the trip -
Every time Zachary saw a horse, he would point and say whore! His word horse sounds like whore. My Mom and I would crack up laughing every time.
Zachary would keep pointing at the ocean and say, "I want pool. I want pool." He thought the ocean was a pool.
They had long baths when this trip ended. The car also went through a full detail courtesy of me, Clorox wipes, and the gas station vacuum .
Comments
Jody