What a difference a camera lens makes!

For the past year our camera lens on our Nikon SLR has been broken. We have been using Dan's deployment camera that was dropped out of a helicopter and survived. But the photos have been getting fuzzier. And the little camera finally froze up.

This tiny town that we currently live in, does not have a camera repair shop. The closest one is and hour and a half away. So Dan's Dad was nice enough to offer to drop the camera off for us. Unfortunately, the repair would cost more than a new camera lens. So we had planned to get a new one for Christmas. But sneaky sneaky Dan surprised me the night of our anniversary. He secretly bought a beautiful new lens. We are now going picture crazy again!

There is NO comparison to the pictures that our SLR takes versus the broken mini digital!

Ben's first day of pre school - picture taken with broken mini digital.
Ben's first soccer game - picture taken with SLR new lens.
These are special memories that I never want to forget. I really love that photography captures these special moments in our lives. And I love that Dan recognizes how much photography means to me!

Comments

Englishfam said…
I told James I want a nice camera for Christmas. I am so sick of our digital point and shoot. The picture quality is so much better with an SLR. Way to go Dan! Cute little Ben in his soccer uniform. Love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound