6 years married........................
Okay, who has seen the movie Cheaper by the Dozen (re-make with Steve Martin?)
Dan and I have a quote that we stole from that movie;
"6 years together and we still got the heat."
I am so grateful that I truly married my best friend. I love Dan with my whole heart. He is both an amazing father and amazing husband. Our communication rocks. There is nothing I can't say to Dan. This has gotten us through our hardest times. He loves me for me. And I feel so blessed to be celebrating our 6th year married. And Columbus Day will mark the 7th year of knowing each other.
We were discussing our years of marriage. This is what we came up with......
Years 1 - 2 = honeymoon stage
years 2-5 1/2 - our most trying times(Is it coincidence that in these years we experienced births, death, and deployments? I think not.)
Years 5 1/2 - now = back to years 1 and 2
We decided that as life has thrown it's curve balls, we both lost focus of what really matters. We focused on our trials rather than focusing on each other. We now know how important it is to truly appreciate one another. And enjoy every moment together.
*The night before our anniversary Dan and I were watching (our favorite show)HGTV House Hunters. Dan asked for my feet. I was like is he going to give me a foot massage? Nope......better.....he said we might not have money for you to get a professional pedicure right now, but I can give you one! He totally gave me a pedi and painted my toes pink for me. #1 husband right here!
*Our anniversary night we were supposed to go out to eat while my mom in law watched the boys. Well, Liz came down with the flu, so we had the boys with us. We went out to Chili's together as a family. And then I surprised Dan with making chocolate covered strawberries and bananas. I also had some Martinelli's sparkling cider chilling in the fridge.
Comments