My health scare
About a month ago, I had a health scare. According to the Dr, I had a blood clot go to my brain and I had a mild stroke. I was in the ER. They ran a brain scan. I have been to my primary DR a few times. He ran a whole bunch of blood tests. My blood pressure, and cholesterol are great. I will be seeing a neurologist on Monday. We still do not know what caused it. About a week following, I was exhausted and sleeping for 6-7 hours in the afternoon. My responses were still slow. But, I am totally fine right now. You would never know anything happened looking at me.
It began at the end of my playing BUNCO with friends. My vision became blurred. I couldn't read the dice. Then a few minutes later I couldn't add up my score. Then a few minutes later when trying to write a check, I couldn't remember how to write the letter J. I couldn't even remember how to write a check. Then driving back to Heather's house my speech became slurred. (Heather was driving.) And as time went on it became harder to speak normal sentences. However, I am 29 an had NO idea that at the time I was having a stroke!
It was scary while it was happening. And I know I scared my friend's Heather and James. I couldn't say the words that I was thinking in my head. My speech became slurred to the point where I couldn't speak normal sentences. My right hand went numb at their house. The whole time I thought I was tired. Then I thought maybe it is a reaction to my dental work done 7 hours earlier that day. Then I became frightened when I couldn't speak.
But, I am okay though. It is just crazy to think that at 29 years old, I had a mild stroke. Insane is more like it......
I will let you know when I find out anything. No news is good news right? I hope I didn't scare you too much if you didn't hear about this already. I am still in shock that it happened. I mean how do you go about telling someone this? This is why it has taken awhile to tell this on our blog.
It began at the end of my playing BUNCO with friends. My vision became blurred. I couldn't read the dice. Then a few minutes later I couldn't add up my score. Then a few minutes later when trying to write a check, I couldn't remember how to write the letter J. I couldn't even remember how to write a check. Then driving back to Heather's house my speech became slurred. (Heather was driving.) And as time went on it became harder to speak normal sentences. However, I am 29 an had NO idea that at the time I was having a stroke!
It was scary while it was happening. And I know I scared my friend's Heather and James. I couldn't say the words that I was thinking in my head. My speech became slurred to the point where I couldn't speak normal sentences. My right hand went numb at their house. The whole time I thought I was tired. Then I thought maybe it is a reaction to my dental work done 7 hours earlier that day. Then I became frightened when I couldn't speak.
But, I am okay though. It is just crazy to think that at 29 years old, I had a mild stroke. Insane is more like it......
I will let you know when I find out anything. No news is good news right? I hope I didn't scare you too much if you didn't hear about this already. I am still in shock that it happened. I mean how do you go about telling someone this? This is why it has taken awhile to tell this on our blog.
REFLECTION - I don't know why we have these trials. Our life has had a few doozies. Ben's kidneys, my melanoma skin cancer, MRSA, Dan's ankle and knee surgeries, and now this. I don't know why we continue to have these medical trials. All I know is that it makes you grateful. Grateful for life and each day we have together. Each trial has brought us closer together. And has given us more gratitude and humility. And frankly, I am grateful for them. I think each trial that life brings, helps me to see the positive of each situation. I think when I become pessimistic that then I will start to worry. :)
Love, Leah
Love, Leah
Comments
So glad you have a positive attitude, because that is half the battle. You are so strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You have such a beautiful family!
Many Blessings!
Love to all, Mama Pat