A fish story

We are currently fish sitting for a month while a friend of mine is out of town. So, we have this tiny purple fish tank that used to sit on the end of our kitchen table. (It now resides in our downstairs bathroom)Ben will feed it a pinch of fish food each day. He re-named it Chef for a week. And then he changed it's name back to it's given name Speed Racer. He has really grown quite fond of this little guy. Dan, Ben, Zach, and I were doing some spring cleaning in our garage a few weeks ago. We started to discuss what we were going to have for dinner. I told Dan that I had planned to grill the Mahi Mahi with rice and veggies. Dan said, "Ben does that sound good? Do you want fish for dinner?" Ben started to scream, "NO, WE CAN"T EAT THE FISH!" Dan and I looked at each other not understanding. Ben asked, "Are we going to eat the fish?" Dan replied "Yup! Daddy's going to grill it on the b-bque! Do you want to help?" Ben looking sad said, "No, I'm going to go play".
After I called everybody to the table for dinner, Ben looked at the fish tank and then at his plate. He questioned, "We didn't eat Speed Racer?"
Poor little guy thought we were going to grill up speed racer the pet goldfish for dinner!
Don't worry, we had the talk of "animals we eat" and "animals that we have for pets". Later on that day when I told my Mom the story on the phone, she said that Ben is going to grow up to be a vegetarian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound