Weekend trip to Missouri

The weekend of June 12, the Army sent us on a family retreat to Missouri. We went to Kansas City, Mi(EDIT:MO). It was a nice time for us to enjoy time relaxing as a family before Ben and Dan's surgeries. Sometimes it is really nice to escape reality. :0) Thank you Army for this family retreat!

*We were able to eat at the Crayola Cafe.
*I learned that the Hallmark Corporate Office is based out of Kansas City.
*We were able to swim as a family in the hotel's pool.
*Ben and Zach took their first bath together in the hotel bath.
*Never a dull moment, Ben ran into the hotels gold post sign holder and busted his head open.
*We were able to go to the conferences during the day, and listen to ideas on making Dan's homecoming from Iraq the best we can. We also heard other couples explain positive and negative sides to being a military family.
*We had free daycare, so Dan and I could enjoy time during the conference without worrying about changing a diaper or preparing a bottle.
*I learned that Missouri is very pretty. SO green and lush!
*And the best ending.......Dan's family(Aunt Heidi, Uncle Ken, cousin Michael,we missed Nick and Stephen, but they had to work) from Kansas, drove 3 hours to spend a few hours with us on a Sunday afternoon, just to turn back around and drive 3 hours home!!!! They also treated us to lunch at the greatest restaurant. A train served us hamburgers and onion rings! Ben was in heaven. Aunt Heidi spoiled Ben with getting him a real train whistle!
*We also got to see a Lego art display. Everything was built with Lego's!!!

WHEWWWW! Lots of fun in a little time period! Enjoy the pictures!












Comments

Adele said…
Hey hon.... looks like the retreat was good fun. And I'm glad the surgery went well!

p.s. MI is the abbreviation for Michigan. Missouri is MO. This is what happens when you've lived in 3 M States, Michigan (MI), Mississippi (MS) and Montana (MT)!
Gardner Family said…
I was obviously tired when posting this!!!! And I used to be a travel agent! Heheheheee
Sparkle Mama said…
Glad your retreat went well. I am happy to be getting caught up at looking at your blog- sorry I have been away so long. I love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room