Our life is anything but boring!!!

DAN is seriously superman. He is in the Army. He is finishing his degree online with Hawaii Pacific University. He has his Associates in Accounting. And will be walking down the aisle to receive his diploma in January. That's right! We are going to try and catch a free military flight to Hawaii in January. And, after the Army tells us where we will be stationed next, Dan hopes to complete his bachelors with a pre-med emphasis. And then go on to medical school for Orthopedics. He is also coaching Ben's t-ball team. And still manages to be the best hubby a gal could ask for. Seriously.......superman! He does have a kryptonite though. :) He is getting ankle surgery this week or next. He still has a chipped bone that is floating around in his ankle. This is from his original injury in Iraq. He hopes to have a quick recovery though. He wants to train for a triathlon with our friend James! He promised me though not until he is completely healed and has the Dr's okay to start running again.


Picture taken on Easter Sunday right after church. Momma Leah has been busy also. I feel like I have added Nurse to my title. We don't get the flu or a cold very often. No, when we get sick, we get MRSA, or surgeries. SERIOUSLY! But, the great thing, is that we always come out okay. So we just chalk it up to another "adventure" in our life. Waiting on paperwork from the Army has put my schooling on hold. I can not wait to figure out where we will be. I am anxious to finish my degree! Taking care of the boys, Dan, church callings, and military spouse activities keeps me quite busy. I have also been focusing on our finances and working together with Dan to become debt free and have a nice savings for emergencies. It's a slow process, but I know it will be worth it in the end! On my down time, I love to do photography and frame the pictures in our house. I just hung a picture of the BLUE ANGELS in the boys room. I had taken the original picture back in Hawaii for the air show. I also love playing in photo shop with our wedding, and family pictures. I am in a book club and Bunco group wth friends. That combined with the gym is what I am usually doing for my "me time". Oh yah, and I am now addicted to the food network! I LOVE to cook now. I turn on my Puccini and pasta music and cook away. BEN has been playing t-ball this spring. He is on the 3-4 year old Astro's team and is easily taller than most of the 4 year old! Dan is his coach! Dan stays quite busy with a team of 12 (3-4 year olds) running around! Ben enjoys it. But, I think his heart is in playing football. He tackles everyone to get the ball when he plays the outfield. And when he is up to bat and hits the ball, he says TOUCHDOWN! :0) It's fun to watch them play. They don't understand the idea of winning or losing yet. At this age they are just learning the fundamentals.

(On June 10th(Grandma Sue and Ricky's birthday) Ben will be at Primary Children's Hospital. After 3 or 4 UTI's, they finally think they figured out what is the matter with his kidney's. He will be under anesthesia. They are going to go in and try and fix either a blockage, or fix his Urethra. I promise to update the blog when we are back home.)

Here are pictures of Ben in his uniform. This is the first time he put on his uniform. He was SO excited. I love his eye color. Just like Daddy's........
ZACH is already 6 1/2 months old! He has two teeth on the bottom row. And two more teeth on the top pushing their way through. He is still a happy little guy. But, not so "little" any more. On his last check up, he was 26 1/2 inches long. And weighed 20 pounds. We think he is going to be taller than Ben! He recently had MRSA, Ecoli, and a phenomena. He was running a 100 fever. And was just miserable. He is doing great now though. It was just really hard to see Zachy so quiet. He is quiet vocal on a normal day. If he is hungry, he will definitely tell you. He doesn't cry very often. He will mostly say AWWWWWWWW very loudly. He can roll from his tummy to his back. And his back to his tummy. And when he is laying down on either his back or tummy, he will push himself in a full circle with his feet. He can hold himself up while sitting. But usually falls over after a couple minutes. He loves mushed up bananas. And drinks rice bottles. And he seemed to really like my cream of mushroom soup one night at dinner.
This picture is of Zach in his adorable high chair that Grandpa Ken sent him! Picture taken - March 09'.
BEN and ZACH are the best of friends. When Ben wakes up in the morning, he will line up his hot wheel cars in Zach's crib. And Zach will be on his belly, holding on to a hot wheel in his hand. It's seriously the cutest thing. I know it won't stay this way forever. But it sure is nice now. I hope this helps you to know what we have been up to! I hope to return to blogging more consistently. I still have to play "catch up" with posting Disneyland, Ben and Dan's birthday, AZ, CA, Easter, Mother's Day, and summer pictures!

Comments

Sheree' said…
I think you are the Incredibles undercover. YOu both have your hands full, but seem to having a good time! Sorry the baby has been sick, that is so scary. Please do keep us posted on Ben. Good luck Dan on finishing school and you get to go back soon, Leah. I just signed up for a summer class. I have not been since 2003. I will never finish my degree if I don't do something. Hugs to all!!!
Englishfam said…
Love the pictures. Little Zach is sooo cute! I need to kiss his scrumptious cheeks! :)
Sparkle Mama said…
I totally agree with Veg-a-Nut...y'all are the Incredibles undercover :) Great update on y'all...can't wait to see where you will be stationed to.

Good luck with everything...y'all are such busy people :) It made me feel tired just reading about all the many things y'all do. You go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room