Leah's hobby

I LOVE photography. I love taking pictures. I love to edit them. Print them out on our printer with photo paper. And then display the favorites in our home.

My step dad made me a wooden shadow box for my Christmas present a few years back. He gave it to me to use for my leis since I had preserved most of them from Hawaii. My Mom gave me some fabric with a Hawaiian pattern. I am going to use the fabric as a background in the frame. Then put the picture at the top. (I blurred out the background in black and white. And tried to bring out the bold color of the leis.) The leis will hang around and in front of the picture. I can't wait to show you the final product! In this picture I tried to accentuate my prego tummy. And also give the waves some definition. In this wedding picture of Dan and I, I made the temple the focal point. This type of photo editing is called a black and white focal point. I also softened the sides of the picture. I love the end result so much, that I printed it out on a 8x10 sheet. Then put it in the frame that Dan gave me for Mother's Day. Dan is so artistically talented. He drew a picture of the San Diego temple free hand on the matting of a frame he bought for Mother's Day. This is a picture that I took back in 2004. Dan and I had just moved to Hawaii and went to the Blue Angels airshow. I made the background sky and actual jets brighter. I framed this picture and it is now hanging in the boys room. I love it. The colors are bright and go with the boys bright furniture from Ikea!




Comments

Jenkins' Family said…
Oh we miss you guys Leah! I'm so glad you've been able to update your blog so I can feel better connected. Can't wait to see the finished shadow box project
Englishfam said…
I am so jealous you know how to use photo shop! I am so intimidated of it that I won't even try. Love the way the photos turned out!
Sparkle Mama said…
LOVE these photos... great job on the editing! My favorite picture is you and Dan at the San Diego Temple :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room