It's not a road trip without a trip to the ER

Seriously! I am now just documenting our crazy adventures for my soon to be book of our adventurous life!!! This is way past blogging. These are now reminders of how crazy our life can be at times.

Warning: The following material may be too hard for some of you to stomach. Also, anyone who has been around me, do not fear you are not to worry. The boys and Dan are fine. It is only me. I am being overly cautious now.

I noticed my stomach was bleeding the night before we were set to leave for our vacation. Odd I thought. More like....What the heck is that??????? Is that blood? I thought it was a new shingle or something related. I bandaged it and decided to keep the plans with the vacation. It continued on and became worse the next day on the road trip. Very painful. So when we hit San Diego, the night before leaving for Disneyland, ER here we come. Turns out I have MRSA. A type of staph infection. NOT EVEN KIDDING!!!!!!! Turns out I never had shingles. The whole time I had this MRSA. I was almost admitted to the hospital that night. But the Dr assured me with lots of hand washing and keeping everything sanitary, I would be good to not spread it. Not to mention the 2 antibiotics I take 6 times a day and pain pills....cuz you know flesh eating bacteria. VERY PAINFUL! I will not go into detail. But the ER experience was horrible.

Everything is under control though. Thanks to a very helpful Grandma, a husband of the year, and the staff of the Disneyland Hotel, I was very well taken care of. Most of the pain is gone. And the wound is healing.

As soon as I return back home I am going to see my dermatologist. I am due for a skin cancer check up and he will also continue to treat the MRSA. I will keep you posted.

MI VIDA LOCA! Welcome to my crazy life!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YOU POOR THING! That's awful! And I can't believe they misdiagnosed you at first. We'll keep you in our prayers for a quick recovery!
Englishfam said…
Leah, only you!! Seriously I can't believe that. That is so terrible! I hope you are doing okay. Here's to a speedy recovery! Have fun in Cali for me!
That's terrible Leah! Danielle got MRSA in the hospital when she had Tristan and was misdiagnosed as well! Is it hard to diagnose or what?? Tristan got it from Danielle and he was treated as a baby and it came back when he was 18 months. Be really careful, it's super contagious!! We'll be praying for you guys!! I hope you can have a good trip despite all the problems! Love you!!
Gallegos Family said…
Oh Leah! That is terrible! We hope you get better soon!
Anonymous said…
Wow! What the heck is that? How did you even get it? You're right..only you. I think about you all the time. Keep updating the blog. Love you.
Anonymous said…
Wow, good memories. How about some more pics of those Grandchildren and Mickey. Love Grandma Reva
Jenkins' Family said…
Oh Leah...how boring our lives would be w/out the drama!!! I'm so glad you're healing well and hopefully this can be your last ER trip for a while :) We sure miss you guys. Let us know when you're back we can't wait to hear all about your trip and the boys can't wait to play with Ben and Zach.
Copley Clan said…
I see Sarah told you about Danielle's bout with this horrible flesh eater. Since Jerry and I are around Matthew and Danielle's family so often, we had to go through a round of routine prevention. Very serious!
Take Care!!!!
Love, Mama Pat
Cross Family said…
Oh my word Leah. I am so sorry!!!! On a happy note it is great to see your family complete!!!!
Sparkle Mama said…
Leah, that is so crazy! You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon and stay better!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room