Happy Birthday to me!

The morning of my birthday(which was January 13th) I received a FED X package from my Momma. I got a "0 calorie" cupcake and my favorite perfume. :)
Then my friend Amber showed up at our door with this adorable little set of splurges for me.
Then it was off to lunch.............
CAFE RIO with Lois and Adele ~
My birthday lunch we headed to Cafe Rio to meet up friends that I had not seen since 2004!!!! I used to live in the apt. upstairs from them back in the day of single life. :) It's crazy how fast time goes by and then BOOM you're an adult!
Mommy and her handsome boys! I wanted a picture of the 3 of us for Dan. SEE YOU SOON DADDY! Adele, the boys, and I - not sure what Ben is pointing to.......probably a firetruck.....
Adele and Lois with the Benji. Lois was so great with entertaining Ben with her artistry skills. This allowed me to eat my lunch in peace. And Adele had the stamina to keep up with the little monkey after he got bored of sitting at the table. In his defense we were at the table for a good hour and a half. :) Also, Lois made me special earrings...red, white, and blue!
All of us!
After lunch I headed over to Megan's and we hung out. Megan spoiled me with adorable house decor hangings. We then decided to splurge for a dinner. Mike was a saint and watched Zach and Ben for me while I had a girly girls dinner at IHOP...............
IHOP Dinner with Heather and Megan ~
This was my last birthday before the big 30. I deserved a fun dinner at IHOP!Then it was off to Bunco which just happened to be on my birthday...............
Bunco with the girls ~
My fabulous friend Heather made me pink cupcakes for my birthday!!! YUMMY! And James helped me have a girls night with watching Ben! I was also spoiled with a wreath that I wanted SO bad but never bought for myself. I also got a adorable wall hanging sign. Thank you Heather and James!
A few days later my friend Amber picked up Ben, Zach, and I, and we were off to Costco. She bought me my favorite Costco lunch, we shopped, and then headed back to her house..............
Dinner and Cake with Amber and boys! ~
My friend Amber is the greatest. She made me a yummy southwestern chicken salad and a delicious Oreo cake!!! I feel so blessed to have met such a great friend in the short time we have been here.
Amber and the masterpiece. That salad tasted like it should be served in a restaurant!!! YUMMY! Thank you for thinking of me and making a healthy dinner. I am really trying to eat healthier foods.
Yummy birthday cake!!! HEAVEN!
Ben with 2/3 of Amber's boys. Kael, Brycen, and Benjamin - our wild little monkeys.............
I missed Dan so much this birthday. But, I am so grateful to have friends and family who spoil me. And the Birthday wishes from my friends on FACEBOOK just topped it off with warm fuzzies.Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so special.

Comments

Jenkins' Family said…
What a great post! I love the new picture of Ben smelling the roses, precious!
Anonymous said…
It looks like you had a nice b-day. I am so glad. Be on the look out for two boxes. You look so pretty in those pictures. Luv you
Story Family said…
Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you had a fantastic day. Thank heavens for wonderful friends. What a great one!
Miss Megan said…
Man, you did get spoiled!

IHOP was a lot of fun - I don't know what it is, but I love me some Brinner. Is there anything better than pancakes at 6:00 PM? Nope! I'm glad you liked the Americana decor, hopefully you can find a place for it (or save it until July).

Happy Birthday Leah!

P.S. Can't wait to try the Southwest Chicken salad at our next book club. Goose Girl!
Pam Dowell said…
Happy Belated Birthday, Leah!!!!! Hey, hang on to 29 as long as you can. I know I am and I'm a heck of alot older than you. Hee! Hee! I'm so glad Dan will be home soon.

Love from Indy, Cousin Pam
Sparkle Mama said…
you deserve to be spoiled - i am so glad that you did

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room