When I need a smile or good laugh

I have had a hard couple of days this week. I am really missing Dan. Ben is completely off nap and bedtime schedule. And the latest - my body is having crazy reactions to my blood pressure medicine giving me HIVES all over my body! I was in Urgent Care yesterday. NOT FUN!

But, since Leah is a glass half full kind of gal. I will tell you my "half full happiness" moments this week.

#1
I am just going to put this picture as the background on the computer screen. It cracks me up!

#2

AMAZING FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO ARE CONSTANTLY E-MAILING ME ASKING WHAT PRESENTS THEY CAN SEND DAN FOR CHRISTMAS. THIS FILLS MY HEART WITH SO MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATION.......IT'S HARD TO PUT IN WORDS.

#3
Brothers that love each other. Ben entertaining Zach with a purple elephant. #4

Zachy is 3 weeks as of this past Wednesday. His eyes are turning a beautiful blue, just like his Daddy's. And, he only wakes up once or twice at night. He is such a content little man. #5

Thanks to my hubby's discovery this past Thanksgiving, I have a new love.

#6

A beautiful Persian rug made it to our house safe from Dan mailing it! The best part? It was FREE! Every time Dan has celebrities come on to base, he brings them to a local Persian rug dealer. As a thank you for so much business, this man gave Dan a free rug after Dan showed interest in buying one for our house. HORRAY!

#7

BEAUTIFUL CHURCH AND CHRISTMAS MUSIC DOWNLOADS FROM I-TUNES.

#8

AMAZING FRIENDS (LIKE AMBER AND ANNA) WHO HAVE BROUGHT ME DINNER AND TAKEN CARE OF BEN. I COULD NOT DO THIS DEPLOYMENT WITHOUT YOU.

#9

And the most exciting news - Even after snacking on holiday treats and drinks, I am down 28 pounds since delivering Zach on November 12th!!!!!!!! So that is me finding good in hard times. :) What are your happy moments this week???

Comments

Story Family said…
Hang in there! Good for you....looking on the bright side of things. And that rug is AMAZING! It is just beautiful. And 7-Up should give you some kind of kick-back....I'm definitely going to pick some of that up on my next shopping trip!
Anonymous said…
You are my hero! I'm so impressed by your ability to always look on the bright side. I know from experience that the intense, unrelenting itching of hives can drive a person crazy, but the hormonal changes that go along with an allergic reaction can make you incredibly depressed. I really hope that they get your blood pressure meds adjusted soon!
Pam Dowell said…
Hi, I'm just like you, Leah, always looking for that silver lining. Having those two beautiful boys really helps. I know my two "rugrats" help me, especially when they're sleeping. Hee! Hee! Hang in there, Dan will be home for good before you know it. Love your cousin-in-law, Pammy from Indy
Copley Clan said…
Wow, you are incredible! Where do you get the energy to have so much going on and all the ailments and not having Dan home with you. You are such a good mommy. I am so proud of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wonderful family.
Many Blessings and Happy 2008!!!
Love, Mommy Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room