General Conference weekend

For those of you not familiar with the Mormon church (AKA: The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints), twice a year we have General Conference. It's when all the leaders of the church(men and women) give inspired spiritual talks from the Conference Center in Salt Lake. And it is broadcast on TV, Internet, radio, etc. through out the world. (Total members of the church as of this past weekend through out the world is over 13 million!) This past Saturday and Sunday was the 178th Semi Annual General Conference.

A cool fact from this past conference was that it was announced that 5 new temples are being built. Including one in Rome, Italy! MAMMA MIA!

Here are a few pictures from our weekend ~ ( I have had strep throat for the past week) So, it was nice to just stay home, relax, eat delicious food, and watch General Conference from our home.

Fruit salad! Unfortunately, Ben put salt and pepper in the fruit salad after this picture was taken.......
Sunday morning breakfast ~
Peek a BOO!
Ben watching (his favorite part of conference) the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing ~
Mini Bean tostadas ended our day with dinner ~
Oh yah and don't forget the Rice Krispies treats!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wasn't that a great conference? I laughed so hard during Elder Wirthlin's talk. And I especially loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk.
Miss Megan said…
You are making me hungry! And yes, conference was amazing. I loved all the talks and spiritual insights. I feel like I can make it another 3 months until the next session. P.S. I am loving the new Halloween layout. I am totally in the mood for pumpkins!
Sparkle Mama said…
Your blog makes me so hungry sometimes because you always have fun, yummy foods displayed. Okay, I am so prego and piggy!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound