Compassion of a 2 year old
Just call me blog crazy. I am mainly blogging this for my memory. Maybe you too will get a kick out of this...........
Ben and I are walking out of the grocery store heading towards the car. Ben heard a baby crying. He looked at me and asked, "What's that?" I explained, "The baby is crying because he is sad." "The baby is hungry."
A few minutes later when we were in the car, Ben was munching on his special treat for being a good boy in the store; a sugar cookie. Ben blurts out the window quite loudly, "Here baby, eat my cookie!"
I was blown away as I realized a few things. Ben had earned that cookie and was so excited to be eating it. But when he knew the baby was hungry, and he had food to share, he was willing to give it up. Our little man surprises me sometimes. He is one compassionate little dude for a 2 year old. I wonder if it would be so easy for us to give up something that important to us.
It will be interesting the first time Zach cries and Ben tries to feed him real food.
Ben and I are walking out of the grocery store heading towards the car. Ben heard a baby crying. He looked at me and asked, "What's that?" I explained, "The baby is crying because he is sad." "The baby is hungry."
A few minutes later when we were in the car, Ben was munching on his special treat for being a good boy in the store; a sugar cookie. Ben blurts out the window quite loudly, "Here baby, eat my cookie!"
I was blown away as I realized a few things. Ben had earned that cookie and was so excited to be eating it. But when he knew the baby was hungry, and he had food to share, he was willing to give it up. Our little man surprises me sometimes. He is one compassionate little dude for a 2 year old. I wonder if it would be so easy for us to give up something that important to us.
It will be interesting the first time Zach cries and Ben tries to feed him real food.
Comments