Go Big or Go Home
I don't like to brag on a normal occasion. But right now I am so proud of my hubby. I just had to share it. Dan competed in a boxing competition on Saturday. He was sponsored by an Iraqi company and had his own shorts and robe. He was the 6 bout out of 10 bouts. (I think this means he was 6th in line to compete) And his fight was called the fight of the night.Well, he won! He won in a total knock out! And at the end of the match, the general of the Iraqi military coined him! It's a pretty big deal when you are "coined" in the military. And Dan was the first in his unit to receive a coin from the General of Iraq! And he was treated to a dinner by the colonel of his unit. SO PROUD OF DADDY!
I am so proud of Dan. He is in the best physical shape he has ever been in, since leaving basic training. Last weekend he ran a 5K race with fellow soldiers and civilians from Uganda and Turkey. And he knocked off 1 minute off of his last time. And now he just finished the boxing match. He is also working on his classes towards his bachelors. And he of course stays super busy with his job. He has had some "close calls" and I am grateful that he is in the safest place possible. And most of all I am so proud that he has turned this hard deployment situation into a positive one. YAH for you sweet pea! (Pictures and video to come soon of his match and recent deployment)
I am so proud of Dan. He is in the best physical shape he has ever been in, since leaving basic training. Last weekend he ran a 5K race with fellow soldiers and civilians from Uganda and Turkey. And he knocked off 1 minute off of his last time. And now he just finished the boxing match. He is also working on his classes towards his bachelors. And he of course stays super busy with his job. He has had some "close calls" and I am grateful that he is in the safest place possible. And most of all I am so proud that he has turned this hard deployment situation into a positive one. YAH for you sweet pea! (Pictures and video to come soon of his match and recent deployment) We will see you in less than 95 days!!!!! Can't wait!!!!
WE LOVE OUR SOLDIER!
Comments