Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics

Ben and I just watched most of the opening ceremonies of the Olympics on TV. I thought this was one of the most beautiful opening ceremonies that I have ever watched. The technology was amazing. Ben and I cheered when the athletes of USA walked in. GO USA! I am most looking forward to watching the Dream Team (aka Redeem team) Men's basketball. I am also excited to watch the women's gymnastics, and women's swimming. I will probably catch some of the women's volleyball team too. Any favorites of yours?

Comments

Miss Megan said…
Mike and I watched it tonight with his family, and I thought it was absolutely incredible! To see the thousands of performers synced to each other, and of course the fireworks were fantastic. China definitely out-did themselves!

My favorite sport to watch is definitely the swimming. It's exhilarating to see, and it's something I actually know a LOT about since I was on the swim team in high school for 3 years. Because of that, I have a HUGE appreciation for what those athletes are capable of. To think that most of them can swim faster than you could walk is pretty incredible, don't you think?
Anonymous said…
soccer! always the soccer for me! berek swam and played water polo in high school, so he likes that kind of stuff. our brother-in-law is a professional basketball player, but his team (brasil) didn't make it through the qualifiers in greece a few weeks ago, booooo!
Adele said…
I LOVE the swimming events. And you have to admit, Michael Phelps is making the Men's Simming a lot of fun to watch :) Also, I get different events being shown over this side of the pond. I don't think they've said boo about basketball, but they've had skulling and judo and equestrian and fencing and field hockey and archery and shooting and all sorts of stuff I've never seen before. It's been so much fun!
Sparkle Mama said…
yes, they were so amazing! loved it!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound