Mantra of the day
My mantra of the day ..........
"Just breathe and remember he is only a two year old" UMMMMM..............................
The morning started off with Ben dumping a whole bag of tortilla chips, bag of marsh mellows, and box of cheddar bunnies(organic fish crackers) onto the living room floor in one big pile. The day continued like this...........anything he shouldn't do or is not allowed to...........he did. I literally felt like I was walking behind him saying no to everything he did. And would suggest outside play or a toy, and he would rather put his plastic cow in the toilet.
I thought getting out his energy out by playing outside and running through the water wiggles would help. no. I thought a nice afternoon nap would help. no. So by dinner time I threw my hands in the air. Ruled out an attempt to cook a homemade meal and headed to the local pizza parlor.
On a great ending note - there was a brief moment in the afternoon when he and I were upstairs in his room building a barn with his Lincoln Logs. One of the best one on one play times I have had with him in awhile. He was totally focused on the exact lining up of blocks. And tonight he had a great bubble bath and went right to sleep tonight.
I try to remember he is only two years old. These past few days he has really been missing Daddy and waking up asking where he is. So I really try to be understanding and patient. But sometimes(as horrible as this is) I seriously wonder if he possibly might have Attention Deficit Disorder. I know you are thinking I am crazy. And thinking that this is normal toddler behavior with a Daddy deployed. But it still enters my mind. **I have worked in a treatment center in the past with actual children who suffer from this. By no means am I mocking this disorder or making light of it.** I just had the maintenance man(who came to unclog our toilet from Ben's handy work) mention today that he has more energy than other children he has seen. And earlier today when I was changing his diaper he was shaking his head from right to left over and over super fast.
So blog world - do you feel my pain? Am I the only the one who thinks my child is abnormally energetic? Maybe he is bored with the prego Mommy as a playmate? I know that he is a really intelligent little dude. Maybe his uber brilliant-ness needs to be honed in on more brain teasing entertainment. I am looking into toddler gymnastics...........
"Just breathe and remember he is only a two year old" UMMMMM..............................
The morning started off with Ben dumping a whole bag of tortilla chips, bag of marsh mellows, and box of cheddar bunnies(organic fish crackers) onto the living room floor in one big pile. The day continued like this...........anything he shouldn't do or is not allowed to...........he did. I literally felt like I was walking behind him saying no to everything he did. And would suggest outside play or a toy, and he would rather put his plastic cow in the toilet.
I thought getting out his energy out by playing outside and running through the water wiggles would help. no. I thought a nice afternoon nap would help. no. So by dinner time I threw my hands in the air. Ruled out an attempt to cook a homemade meal and headed to the local pizza parlor.
On a great ending note - there was a brief moment in the afternoon when he and I were upstairs in his room building a barn with his Lincoln Logs. One of the best one on one play times I have had with him in awhile. He was totally focused on the exact lining up of blocks. And tonight he had a great bubble bath and went right to sleep tonight.
I try to remember he is only two years old. These past few days he has really been missing Daddy and waking up asking where he is. So I really try to be understanding and patient. But sometimes(as horrible as this is) I seriously wonder if he possibly might have Attention Deficit Disorder. I know you are thinking I am crazy. And thinking that this is normal toddler behavior with a Daddy deployed. But it still enters my mind. **I have worked in a treatment center in the past with actual children who suffer from this. By no means am I mocking this disorder or making light of it.** I just had the maintenance man(who came to unclog our toilet from Ben's handy work) mention today that he has more energy than other children he has seen. And earlier today when I was changing his diaper he was shaking his head from right to left over and over super fast.
So blog world - do you feel my pain? Am I the only the one who thinks my child is abnormally energetic? Maybe he is bored with the prego Mommy as a playmate? I know that he is a really intelligent little dude. Maybe his uber brilliant-ness needs to be honed in on more brain teasing entertainment. I am looking into toddler gymnastics...........
Comments
Love Dan
Oh and Bri loves your Elmo pics!!!