And I didn't blink once

This afternoon I packed up Ben and grudgingly headed to the local insta care. I was running a 100.5 fever, having labor type of contractions, severe back pains, and other unpleasant things. A two hour wait in the waiting room! Ben was nearing his peak of patience or lack of. They had a big bowl of dum dum suckers on the counter in the waiting room. I continued to give Ben a lollipop as I was having severe pains in my tummy and feeling plain awful. Sure he was entertained by the blocks and etch a sketch's that the lobby had to offer. But a 2 year old only has a certain attention span for a 2 hour wait. So I continued to give him lollipops. And I know I was getting certain looks from on-lookers. Probably wondering why I couldn't control my son, other than by give him lollipops. And you know what? I did not care.

And, when we headed home and he had microwaveable mac n cheese for dinner and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks for the millionth time this week, I didn't even blink once with guilt. Go ahead and give me the worst mother of the year award. But today if lollipops and mac n cheese were the easy answer for controlling my son, then that is what I was going to do. And you know what? I am okay with that. :)
PS Baby is great. And, I just have a infection. I am on a couple of antibiotics that will hopefully give me some of my energy back. I have just been so wiped out. Afternoon naps can't even seem to cure. It's nice to know why I have been so tired, other than the fact that I have a little munckin inside of me sucking every piece of energy away, and a little 2 year old monkey who takes the rest. ~ This is definitely a day where I could pay my Momma any amount of money to fly and get out of work to come pamper me. Too bad she is saving her leave time for Zach's arrival. :) I will be pampered soon enough...............

Comments

Englishfam said…
Oh Leah! I wish you lived closer so you could just drop Ben off with me more often. I'm sorry you had a bad day, especially an ear infection, that has got to be the worst. I'm glad you don't feel guilty because you shouldn't! I give my kids suckers even when they aren't acting up and I feel fine! Oops did I say that out loud?

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound