The Domestic Goddess is back!

Well, food cravings are in full swing and I have enough energy lately to cook. So luckily for Benjamin the days of fast food and microwaveable meals are gone (for now) and homemade meals are here to stay (for now).


Here is the glorious Chicken Duvane. My recipe is a little different than other recipes I have seen. And I prefer next day leftovers, but hot out of the oven with some garlic toast is also quite delicious. I love this meal because it will last us for days. Makes it quite easy on the current single mom situation. I actually made this meal the Friday of Mother's Day weekend. I made it so that I would not have to cook dinner all weekend. Yah for big meals that last multiple meals! (I usually load up the top cover with tons of cheese. But this was all the cheese in the fridge left, so it turned into a sprinkle. This batch was cooked with brown rice, not white. And, I used light sour cream. Just a few healthy changes here and there. And it tastes exactly the same!!!)Brenda's amazing Cocoa Banana bread ~ I usually make this with whole wheat flour and splenda and you can not even taste the difference. This batch had some chocolate chips added for extra yummy-ness.
I already did a post on this delicious dish. This anti pasta salad, along with some bread is plenty for a meal. Adding pizza was just over kill.
The first nilla pudding of the year ~ I actually made this a few weeks ago for book club. But when book club was cancelled, Ben and I enjoyed it for many many days.......
If you want any of these recipes just e-mail me. :) And if any of you have a fabulous recipe that you just have to share, please do! I am always up for learning to make new foods! I am on the hunt for a homemade Mac n' cheese recipe. (At least that's what the baby wants.)

Comments

Adele said…
Hey gorgeous! Lovely looking food. My housemate's about to move out :( and tonight's our last night together for dinner. So I'm making her favourite and mine: Taco Casserole! It's something pretty special over here, since I have to bring the key ingredient from the States. Dead easy to make, though: Brown some hamburger with taco (or fajita) seasoning. Stir in some BBQ Baked Beans. Lay it all in the bottom of an oven proof (smallish) dish. Mix up one box of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix. Pour over the top of the bean/meat mix. Bake till golden (do check to be sure the inside has cooked :) Sometimes it takes a little more time than you think it should.) When you're serving it, put some grated cheese and bbq sauce and sour cream on top. Yumminess itself!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room