Pregnancy mile stone!

I have reached the second trimester!!!! Today I had my second "real" OB appt. I am now 14 weeks along. The baby is doing great! The Dr found her(or his) heart beat with the monitor right away. It was nice and strong. I had great blood pressure at 122/66. I did lose 4 pounds since the last visit. But that was not surprising with the recent food poisoning. Just trying to not lose anymore. (The only time in my life I will say that!) The biggest news..............I scheduled the ultrasound to find out if it's a boy or girl!!!! The week of June 15th(same week my Grandma Sue is coming to visit) I will know, and I will shout it from the mountain top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now - enjoy this 14 week update from www.parenting.com :)

Your Baby
Make a fist--that's how big your baby is now. At week 14, he(or she) weighs close to an ounce and measures between three and four inches from top to bottom. Like you, he(or she) can make a fist, too, with fingers that have a unique set of prints; an epidermal layer in his skin shows genetically determined ridges on the tips and palms. Keep drinking those glasses of skim milk, because in the next eight weeks the bones throughout his(or her) body will harden as calcium gets deposited. Your son's(or daughters) neck is now getting longer too, which means his(or her) chin doesn't have to rest on his chest anymore.

Your Body
The nausea may finally be abating, only to be replaced by yet another gripe, abdominal aches. That's because your uterus is growing, and the surrounding ligaments are stretching right along with it. (I was just telling Dan the other night how my stomach has been killing me with sharp pains......darn ligaments!)

Comments

Story Family said…
Hang in there Leah--(watch for our special news soon to be posted on the blog. I'm not that far behind you!)! I'm glad you're in your new place. Looks like Hill Air Force Base. We loved shopping at that base while we lived in Bountiful.
Sheree' said…
Yeah! I am glad baby is doing fine. Guess what? We find out what Brandie is having around the same time. Our first grandbaby is due June 16th. We are so excited to find out boy or girl. I know Micah and Brandie are excited too!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound