Not to brag but..........

I am amazing! SUPERMOM! I put together a Children's picnic table. And it only took me...........drum roll............6 hours!!!!!!

Okay, so I love IKEA. They have great prices because you put the furniture together yourself. But this table I bought for Ben had the screw holes lined up wrong, so the table was refusing to come together. After hours going by of me trying to put together this impossible task......I had to re-drill holes and make it work. And because I did it on my own,(exception of little man's help) I didn't lose my marbles, kept my patience, did not start crying, and made Ben a table that he can sit and eat at safely.........I am amazing! Yes, it was a great deal of only $19.99........and in the end it all came together. But I think our actual dining room table that we buy will be delivered and put together already! :)

Next project on the list ~ Try and put together Ben's playground set!

How it started ~ I got out all our tools out forgetting that IKEA always provides you with a tool included to put together the project. (I just needed a screw driver because holes were messed up.)
Awwww nothing like that "I just rolled out of bed and am ready for a project kind of look!"
Big boy was so cute when he went and got his own hammer to help.
Here he is trying to help Mommy.............
Almost finished.........missing one bench on side where Ben is walking. He couldn't wait to test out the table with his firetruck!
Still not finished.....but still had to test out completed bench seat.............
Our cute little monkey posing
FINAL PRODUCT!!!!! Happy boy eating some mickey mouse cheese snacks and juice on his table!
Trying to smile but the cheese got in the way...........
Our handsome boy eating his messy yogurt on the table! Yah for not staining carpet with blueberry yogurt anymore!

Comments

Sparkle Mama said…
Wow! You are amazing! I wouldn't attempt that project let alone finish it so beautifully as you did! You go girl!
Anonymous said…
That'a my girl, ah, I mean women. Dan, I am sure you would of done it faster, but it's OK Leah and crew will have lots of projects when your home. Love Grandma Reva
Adele said…
Yeah, I've had some IKEA trauma in the past. It's wonderful, and they do keep the prices down and quality up (more or less), but sometimes they take one too many short cut. My desk, for example. The legs all went in fine, but the cross bars at the bottom that are supposed to give it added stability? Yeah, they messed up the holes on them. But since the desk just sits in a corner, so has 2 walls to make it stable, I just ignore it. But it took Jason (as in Jason and Coila) 8 hours to put the thing together! Bless his heart. And on his vacation, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room