Move, Ben, Bean, and Dan update


We have officially moved on to base! It was quite an ordeal. What should have taken 1 day to move........... took 3 days! It was quite the adventure (to say the least) but all is well and we are moved! We have Internet and our Dish set up. Our washing machine and dryer were delivered last night!! I have completed 1 room; the kitchen! And Benjamin's room almost looks back to normal.


Ben is loving having his fenced yard. He runs from one side of the yard to the other. He literally did that 5 times yesterday. He loves riding his tricycle outside on the cement. I will post lots and lots of pictures when life is calmer. Recently in the middle of the move, Ben was battling a wicked stomach virus. I was worried that it was the roto virus again(like back during Christmas time when he lost 3 pounds) but thank goodness it all seems to be done with as of this morning! He had vomiting and other gross #2 episodes. I stuck with the BRAT(Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast diet) for his meals. He seems to be doing much better! I guess it was going around with kids around here?


Dan is doing good. He has officially broken his ankle. He is in a cast from his knee down. The story I have gotten, is that he was coming down a ladder, after being on top of a roof, and stepped in a pot hole on his way down. He has never broken a bone in his entire life, and first week in Iraq he breaks his ankle. Go figure.... :) He is doing better now. However two days after getting his cast, the cast broke and his ankle swelled back up to a cantaloupe size. He was in serious pain. But he is doing better now!!!


The bean and I are great. Still having the occasional morning sickness as soon as I wake up. But again, I can not complain as this is nothing compared to Benji's pregnancy! I will be in my 12th week this coming up Thursday. I had an OB appt last week before the move and saw the little one on an ultrasound. Unfortunately the printer was out of paper and I didn't get any pictures. But, something special happened while doing the ultrasound.......the little one started moving all around and waved right at the DR and I!!!!! It was so amazing. It is becoming more real as the bean now looks like a real baby! Labs were all normal, except for the fact that I am not immune to chicken pox. So, I just have to stay clear of little ones that might have it.....so if you hear of it going around in our area......please tell me!!! It just went around my old neighborhood and church a few weeks ago. Luckily, I stayed home from church last Sunday!


Hope you are all doing great. We have been going at warp speed. So, please don't be offended if my e-mail responses are slow. :)


Happy Sunday...............

Comments

Adele said…
You poor thing. You just never seem to get a break! Something always goes wrong. But never tragically wrong, just humorously wrong. Glad you're arrived and getting settled and that Ben's doing better. Sorry to hear about Dan's ankle. No fun at all, especially in the heat! Bless him. Never mind, all these things shall give thee experience, yes?
Hunter Family said…
Wow so much has gone on for you all we would love to hear from you and see how everyone is doing sounds like Dan isn't so good poor guy tell him we miss and love him. So where did you move to? We miss all of you and would really like to hear from you so when you get a chance...............how is Ben and baby doing and how are you doing you are so strong we love you
Donald,Kim and kids

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound