From 50' to 100' in 4 days

Our weather has taken a turn for the hotter. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have some sunshine and not have snow during the month of May. But seriously.....100'?????? I feel like we went from Winter to Summer........ and just plain skipped Spring. Today when getting in the car to go home after church, our thermostat said it was 107'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!

Well, we busted out the swimsuits yesterday for the first time this year! Our outdoor pools on base don't open until Memorial Day. So we headed off to the indoor pool. Here is a picture of Ben right before we went into the pool. I kept saying "Smile Ben!" He just kept saying "WA WA Ocean?" This little Nemo thinks that all water is the ocean. :)

Well, there were no smiles for the camera. But once he hit the water....instant smiles and giggles. He practiced kicking and swimming with his arms at the same time. He jumped off the side into Mommy's arms about 10 times. We even practiced putting our heads into the water. He cracked up every time I put my head in the water and blew bubbles. Like Mommy he is a little fishy and could have stayed in the water all night. We had to leave though when his lips started to turn blue. The water was a tad chilly that day! But still a nice refresher from outsides temperatures!

Missed you Daddy! They have a diving board you would love!

"Wa Wa Ocean?"

Comments

Adele said…
Ooooh, I hope it warms up here, but don't really fancy 100'! Especially as don't really have much by way of air conditioned escape. Glad you had a pool of any sort to enjoy, though.
Sparkle Mama said…
Fun, fun, fun! We only got to bust out our little pool one day because it is plenty hot here, but the big pool in our community water is so freezing still! Glad Ben had fun with you.
Miss Megan said…
I heard it got hot there this week...I'm definitely glad we are still in the 60's and 70's here in Wisconsin. You should have been in Utah last spring: We got into the 90s in March! This year we have had a much nicer spring than in years past. Welcome to the heat!
Anonymous said…
I love the sand, and HI DADDY from OB. But it makes me miss the beach. Not having as much fun without you guys. Grandma Reva

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room