Adventures of the day

Chalk it up to more writing material for my soon to be book, "I don't have a life, I have an adventure".............

Title - All within 5 minutes -

1. Ben(without my knowledge) unplugs the cable cord for the satellite. I think something is wrong with the satellite and call satellite man. After I answer multiple questions to an automated machine, satellite man comes on the line and continues to ask me if it is raining or windy. He actually started by asking me how the weather was. He asks me, "Is something blocking your satellite dish like a tree branch"? As I am staring out the window with blue skies and sunshine, I continue to insist nothing is blocking the dish and it is not raining nor hailing. As satellite man starts to tell me that he will set up for a technician to come out and check that all wires are hooked up, a light bulb goes off. What is the one cord Ben can get to? Behind the couches, the one cable. Barely undone, yet enough to turn off entire satellite service. I tell satellite man never mind, it just turned back on by itself.......

2. While on the phone to satellite company Ben migrates to guest bathroom to wash his hands. I walk in the bathroom after hanging up with satellite man to find Ben spraying water at himself. Holding his hand under the faucet like a plug and spraying himself with water; soaking his shirt, hair, pants, and flooding the sink while dripping water onto the floor. Also, managing to soak my Japanese art pieces that I have not yet hung up on the wall. NICE!

He loves water.............

3. Walking to the laundry room I take off Ben's shirt to throw it in the never ending laundry pile. Not more than 5 seconds later as I am pouring laundry soap into the washer, Ben walks up behind me gagging....make that choking....... on a tomato slice. I reach in his mouth, pull out 1/2 of a tomato slice, grab dirty towel from laundry pile and clean up other half of tomato slice that he threw up on the floor. Ben then tells me, "Mommy, I choke up"

Good thing Mother's Day has come and gone. Because as of right now, I don't think I am winning any Mother of the year awards anytime soon.......................unless you count keeping your child alive.....because that is one thing I managed to do...............

Comments

Englishfam said…
Leah I swear this was my life yesterday! Preston kept getting into things when I was on the phone and you don't want to freak out because you are talking to someone. I think they know they can get away with so much more because you are distracted. Welcome to the life of a 2 year old! By the way, James said he was perfect for him when he watched him for bunco. So atleast he is good for other people right? :)
Sparkle Mama said…
We have those same bath letters :) Fun, fun. Bath time is great!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room