Simple..... quite....... moments

My friend Amie posted a blog about times in our life that we imagine, the most extravagant, exciting places will make us happy (like Disneyland) but the best memories are those just playing pass with a football in the front yard of our house. I thought of this and how many times I try and go over board to make a special memory. Yet, the times I enjoy the most are the moments that just happen without any preparation. Just the simple quite moments that you say at that exact moment, "This is the life."

It jogged my memory of moments that just so happened, just right, at the just right time during these past few weeks. Yes, life has thrown many curve balls during this "vacation" but I am still grateful for the still, quite, moments hidden in between all the chaos.

Making homemade strawberry jam with my Mom.

Mom helping tame the wild boy - I love this picture because it looks as though he is screaming, but no noise was coming out of his mouth. He was just shocked that Grandma was hanging him upside down.
This picture reminds me of when Ben was first learning to eat solid foods. Once a messy boy, always a messy boy.......PS Notice all the stickers on his shirt?
His newest obsession - stickers!
Now off to New York to see Dan and east coast family! Good news is the bean is behaving "her"self and so far besides nauseousness, and a few lost lunches, everything is good again. :)

Comments

Cross Family said…
I love the picture with your mom and Ben, she is lookieng at the camera like "what" they both look so cute.
The simple, quiet moments are truly the most magical... it's great to take a moment to soak them up! I hope you soak up your visit with Dan. Keep your precious time together as simple and quiet as possible.
Sparkle Mama said…
So true...I loved this entry and what you wrote. Love the pics too!
Anonymous said…
I love you and miss you. The little quiet moments are the best.

Love Dan

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound