Peed on and sprayed with water attachment

Ben's spider bite turned out to be a whole process. He has to go back to the doctor every couple of days to get the old packing taken out and the new packing put in. They are trying to let his wound heal from the inside out. (From a spider bite people!!) That wound is covered in gauze and sterile tape. The doctor said that he could not take a bath for 2 weeks?!?! And what is Ben's favorite time of the day??? BATH TIME! For the past week I have not said the word bath around Ben. I didn't want him to get excited and then be dissapointed.... he has been through enough trauma this past week with the doctor.

Well, today after lunch time I decided enough was enough. Wipes could not fix the mess he made of himself with chocolate soy milk, mac n cheese, and squished up grapes. He dumped his bowl of mac n cheese on top of his head. Squished the grapes into his hair. And spilled the choc milk "accidentally" on himself. So off we go to the bathroom.....Ben is so excited he could just pee......well he did...on me.....

After we took off his clothes, I started up the water. He then ripped off his diaper out of excitement. I then felt a trickle of water on my foot. I said...."What the?"(thinking somehow bath water was leaking on me) then when I realized it was Ben peeing on me, I screamed "AUGHHHH" ........"OH GROSSS".......before I knew it, I had pee on my foot and I was standing in a puddle of it. Ben started to tear up. I said "Ben it's okay"...."it's not your fault"......(self note: child is ready to be potty trained) and said "let's hop into the bath." I cleaned up the pee mess while Ben stood in the shower. He was so happy to just be in the tub he was staring at the water saying "waa waa". I was not stopping up the water, just letting it run down the drain. I figured I could give Ben a little shower without wettting his wound. It was all under control.....then when I set the sprayer down to put some soap in Ben's hair, the sprayer started spraying me!!! "AUGHHHHH!" I scream(again) and Ben starts to tear up (again).......... wet t-shirt contest anyone? I tell Ben "it's okay, it's not your fault, Mommy just had a little shower herself." I said out loud to myself..."Just one of those days isn't it?" I don't know who I was talking to, I just needed to say it. Ben then said, "All done? All done?" Yes sweetie.....all done.......

All is well now. I am dried off and Ben is sleeping snuggly in his bed. I read him his 3 books that we always read before nap time and bed time. Big Red Barn, I'll Love You Forever, and Good Night Moon. And as I was reading him I'll Love You Forever, I thought this is exactly how I feel.....
Insert my feelings from the book........
The baby grew. He grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old, and he ran all around the house. He pulled all the books off the shelves. He pulled all the food out of the refrigerator and he took his mother's watch and flushed it down the toilet. Sometimes his mother would say, "this kid is driving me CRAZY!"
But at night time, when that two-year-old was quiet, she opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor, looked up over the side of his bed; and if he was really asleep she picked him up and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. While she rocked him she sang:
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

So yes, Ben you threw your mac n cheese on the floor and put it in your hair, and you peed on my foot, and I was hosed down by the water sprayer....but I still love you Ben.......

Comments

Englishfam said…
okay I was laughing so hard!! That is totally my life! Carter pees on me all the time since learning to stand up to go. His aim in not quite right yet and continues to hit the wall, my pants, etc. It's great! Cute post. P.s. I get my backgrounds from matiekay.blogspot.com it has a ton of cute backgrounds and she gives you the instructions on the website. Good luck!
NutMeg said…
Awww...I LOVE that book. I need to get it for my kids. I'm sorry that Ben has been sick. Peter has too...puking and diarrhea all over the place. So not fun! This is one of the biggest reasons that I hate winter! It seems like everyone gets sick from being enclosed indoors together. Germs and sickness seem to run rampant! I hope he gets feeling better soon. P.S. What is the latest on Dans deployment date?
Sheree' said…
Boys will be boys! lol... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when Ben peed on you. Sorry, but it is too funny. I have been reading through you catch up blg and realized I had not commented. Oops, I was so inthralled with your past adventures and those cute pictures of Ben, that I just didn't stop! Love you all!
Anonymous said…
The book "Love You Forever" I gave Uncle Daniel, when he was little. (but he never peed on my foot) Uncle Daniel gave it to Ben. Maybe we can pass it around? How cute! Can you imagine all of the sigs inside? Grandma Reva

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room