Just another day in our adventure......
It's just about midnight and we are just getting home. Ben and Dan are both passed out asleep. I still have some energy, so I'll give you an update on our night.
First, our power goes out from the blizzarding weather outside. But, the main whopper is that we had to go to Urgent Care for a spider bite on Ben's leg. Even with winds gusting and throwing drifting snow at us. Usually, when walking out the door and not being able to see 2 feet in front of you, you would turn around and go back inside. However, Ben's spider bite from about a week ago had gotten really bad. It wouldn't stop bleeding, and was black and purple. So off we went to the DR. And I am so glad we did! I just had the mommy intuition and I am glad I followed it! Ben's spider bite had to be cut open, drained, and had packing put inside so it could drain. The infection of the bite had spread to his lymph nodes in his groin area, and he had a fever. We have to go back on Friday to have it re-packed. And he is on double antibiotics for 10 days. The DR said, had it gone any further it would have been a staph infection! I teared up when he said that, and became very nautious, and grateful all at the same time. So he is now asleep on Motrin for the pain. And I am more grateful then you know that we went to the Dr's.
Getting back home was pretty bad. We knew that it was going to be a doozy as we were wasting time in Target waiting for Ben's prescriptions, we heard mulitple people talking on their cell phones. They were saying that roads were closed and the freeway was at a stand still. We were not prepared for this though! The drive back from the Urgent care is usually a 15 minute drive. It had taken an hour to get there with white out conditions. But, even with trying to take the back roads home since we knew the freeways were not moving AT all......going back took 7 hours to get home!!!! We hung out in a gas station store with about 100 other people for the last hour waiting for them to open the road to our house. And then they only let us drive through since we are all wheel drive!!!!!
Just another crazy day in the life of the Gardner's!
A local news posting of our crazy weather.
We live in Alpine(Lehi) which is right across the freeway from Thanksgiving Point. Both places are mentioned several times.
We might have a crazy life. But, looking back we are really blessed. Not one car accident through out the entire day, Ben is home safe on antibiotics, we have electricity turned on with our nice warm heater blasting, and we have wonderful friends like The English's, who let us use their phone when our power went out!!! We are truly grateful for all of our blessings.
First, our power goes out from the blizzarding weather outside. But, the main whopper is that we had to go to Urgent Care for a spider bite on Ben's leg. Even with winds gusting and throwing drifting snow at us. Usually, when walking out the door and not being able to see 2 feet in front of you, you would turn around and go back inside. However, Ben's spider bite from about a week ago had gotten really bad. It wouldn't stop bleeding, and was black and purple. So off we went to the DR. And I am so glad we did! I just had the mommy intuition and I am glad I followed it! Ben's spider bite had to be cut open, drained, and had packing put inside so it could drain. The infection of the bite had spread to his lymph nodes in his groin area, and he had a fever. We have to go back on Friday to have it re-packed. And he is on double antibiotics for 10 days. The DR said, had it gone any further it would have been a staph infection! I teared up when he said that, and became very nautious, and grateful all at the same time. So he is now asleep on Motrin for the pain. And I am more grateful then you know that we went to the Dr's.
Getting back home was pretty bad. We knew that it was going to be a doozy as we were wasting time in Target waiting for Ben's prescriptions, we heard mulitple people talking on their cell phones. They were saying that roads were closed and the freeway was at a stand still. We were not prepared for this though! The drive back from the Urgent care is usually a 15 minute drive. It had taken an hour to get there with white out conditions. But, even with trying to take the back roads home since we knew the freeways were not moving AT all......going back took 7 hours to get home!!!! We hung out in a gas station store with about 100 other people for the last hour waiting for them to open the road to our house. And then they only let us drive through since we are all wheel drive!!!!!
Just another crazy day in the life of the Gardner's!
A local news posting of our crazy weather.
We live in Alpine(Lehi) which is right across the freeway from Thanksgiving Point. Both places are mentioned several times.
We might have a crazy life. But, looking back we are really blessed. Not one car accident through out the entire day, Ben is home safe on antibiotics, we have electricity turned on with our nice warm heater blasting, and we have wonderful friends like The English's, who let us use their phone when our power went out!!! We are truly grateful for all of our blessings.
Comments
besos!!!
P.S. I heard you guys had fun at dinner. Sorry we didn't go. When you called and told me that Ben was sick Thursday, I went ahead and made plans with Kelly and Kiersten. It's probably better that I didn't go anyways because I HATE Los Hermanos. Eek. I know. I'm a boogar, but oh well, you love me anyways, right?!