Sad news today
President George W. Bush shakes Hinckley's hand before presenting him with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, June 23, 2004SALT LAKE CITY 27 January 2008 President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through twelve years of global expansion, has died at the age of 97.
President Hinckley was the 15th president in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its president since 12 March 1995.
The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from causes incident to age. Members of his family were at his bedside. A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley’s funeral within the next few days.
President Hinckley was the 15th president in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its president since 12 March 1995.
The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from causes incident to age. Members of his family were at his bedside. A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley’s funeral within the next few days.
A word from me -
-What an amazing life he led. He met with world leaders. He was a spiritual leader and so humble. He was an amazing husband and father. He had an amazing sense of humor. I was very sad to hear that he passed away. -
Comments
On another note, we are glad to have pics up once again! I love seeing all your family on here! I'm sorry to hear that Dan is deploying. I'd like to give you some advice on the subject but I was pretty much not myself the entire time he was gone so I can't help ya there. Just pray a lot and read your scriptures. Stay close to the Spirit and that will help you stay close to eachother.
You know we are always here for you if you need anything!
love amie
ps- sorry, but your mom's b-day hat is one bed sheet away from making her look like a KKK memeber. haha.