In the world today

So right now, we are currently in Arizona visiting Dan's family. And Dan and I went on a date night tonight. Jason(Dan's brother) was nice enough to watch Ben for us while we got away for a little while. We went and saw a movie and then grabbed an appetizer from Chili's. It was really a peaceful night. It was quite the opposite of what this morning showed on the news.

I woke up to news announcing a possible US recession and stocks crashing. I saw that (to Dan's dismay) Fred Thompson had dropped out of the republican race. Then the news showed that the FED interest rate was dropped to 3.5% to prevent a recession. And in very sad news the actor Heath Ledger had died.

As I was with Dan tonight I truly enjoyed being with him and just holding his hand. I have been very teary lately just thinking of him deploying. I just think with such hard times going on through out the world, we are truly blessed. We have our share of hard times. But for the most part, we truly live the good life. I have a husband who loves me as much as I love him. Together we love our little monkey who brings us such happiness. I just feel blessed.

So today I was just thinking how crazy the world can be. But how nice it can be to not be in the world. But to just be in our own world. Dan and I and Ben. It is so easy to get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle. I am glad that I had today to stop and reflect on our life and just enjoy it. It doesn't hurt that we are being served dinner every night for 2 weeks while on vacation. ;) I have had a break from cooking and cleaning and more time to focus on Ben and Dan. As I said before, I just feel blessed.

Any feelings on today's worldly news????

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can say the best advice to help before Dan deploys is to not watch any news with Iraq info on it. It can just be too hard. I am so glad you all are having this time together before he leaves. We make it a rule to do a vacation before a deployment to clear our heads and have family time. It is wonderful you have the chance to do it. I have some exciting news...Shawn has made the cut. He is going to be a Warrent Officer. We are waiting for his officer canadidate school date. He will be a pilot. Too crazy. He is really excited for the opportunity. I am feeling bittersweet. I will keep you posted on anything we hear. In the meantime have a great vacation and kiss that monkey for me. Love you.
Story Family said…
Holy Magoley! Look a all of Ben's shiny hair. He is so handsome!And you and Dan look great! It was nice to hear about your sweet date with Dan and your good thoughts. It is nice to be reminded (and the more the better) of the things that really are the most important in life. It's so easy to become 'busy' and lose sight of that. We miss you guys! I love your blog and have it bookmarked. I'll be checking up on you...
Sheree' said…
Hi ya! I can't believe how big Ben has gotten. Wow! It was so nice to read through your past blog. Thank you for all the updates. As far as world events go? I read the book and know the ending. Now all we can do is pray and do our Christian duty. I am grateful to live in this day and age. To see our military men and women doing their best to keep us free and help those less fortunate. Thank you Dan! We will always keep you in our prayers.

Leah, you know that Nancy is in Utah right? I hope you get to visit with her. OH, and Dan congrats on your promotion! Awesome job! And Happy Belated Birthday, Leah!

Hugs to the family!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound