Popular posts from this blog
Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound
I guess I jinxed myself with the second to last post. I was bragging on how "easy" this pregnancy has been. Well, the good news is that I have yet to lose my lunch, breakfast, or any meal with this baby. The bad news is that I have been losing a lot of blood and having sharp pains in my belly. This was day 4 of those same symptoms, and I decided to head to a DR to make sure everything was okay. The great news is that I saw the baby's heartbeat for the first time and it was strong! And the cervix looks perfect. Also, I went to one of the best OB Women's health centers in the west. The Mary Birch Women and Baby center is amazing! Their staff was wonderful! I was treated by a perionatologist (Dr who deals with high risk pregnancies) who just "happened" to be on staff that day. I felt very reassured after leaving that I had received the best treatment possible. (Shauna - I thought of you the whole time) I realized how blessed I am to always have such great Dr...
Decorating the boys room
I have some decisions to make. For the first 4-6 months Zach will sleep in his cradle in the master bedroom. But then after that, Ben and Zach will be sharing a room. We do qualify for a 3 bedroom. However, I have no desire to move any time soon. So it's decorating time! For the past 3 years Benjamin's room has been sports theme. Dan and I both love sports. That is no secret. However, I am a little burned out of sports theme. And Ben's crib bedding is stained, ripped, and faded. So, I need to decide on Zach's bedding and a new set for Ben. So I need your input! My mission if I wish to accept it, is to choose a new theme for the room without breaking the bank. I also have to keep in mind that whatever we choose for Zach, will be with him for the next 3 or more years. First option - This is my favorite. However Dan insists that is is way too girly and will give Zach a "complex". ;) What do you think? Too girly? We would just have the basic bedding. Not the wall...

Comments
1- since you are so dark naturally your re-growth will be a lot more noticable. I would suggest leaving some of your dark out in the weave, that way it blends better when it grows out.
2- if you're going drastically lighter it can be pretty damaging to your hair. So unless you're ready for a nice haircut too- don't ask for blonde like Kiersten's!
3- When lightening your hair, you're basically removing the pigment. Like the color wheel, your hair has to go through different stages before it reaches that nice pale blonde. First red, then orange, then yellow etc. This means if you're doing it yourself, you're taking the lightner off too early and its still in one of those stages. Most store brand lightners are not powerful enough for dark hair like yours anyway. If it were me, I would go to a professional. You don't want to pay a lot more later to have someone "fix" it.
But other than that I say go for it! If you do go to a salon bring a picture of a color you like, or have them show you their colors so you're on the same page (carmel can mean dif things to dif people). Good luck Leah! I hope I answered all your questions! If you need anything else.... i'm here! Hope you're not missing your hubby too much- & sorry this is so long! Love- Kelly
mess with the bean, get the burrito baby!