New Years Resolutions
So with the new year comes New Years Resolutions. I myself have many goals and wishes for the new year. I would like to become a healthier person. I want to be a strong example of health to Benjamin. Dan and I both do. So to start off yesterday, we decided to start changing our eating habits. And so far so good. I actually missed healthy food, after eating so much junk over the holidays. And, last night eating grilled chicken and steamed veggies was just what my body needed. I woke up this morning feeling really refreshed. Ready to clean the house and get in some real good exercise time. Also, included in my new years resolution is to get more sleep, drink more water, and take a multi vitamin.
And to go right with this, last night I was watching the Discovery Health channel. (One of my new favorite channels to watch) Ever heard of Dr Oz and Dr Rosin? Well, I first saw them on Oprah a couple of months ago. Together they wrote the book YOU the owners manual (currently have that checked out from the library) and also YOU on a diet. They currently have a program on Discovery health Channel called YOU on a diet. It's a really eye opening show and very educational. Watching Dr OZ back on the Oprah show really woke me up. I decided then and there that we as a family needed to change some lifestyle habits. One of them was eating out. We eat out way too often, and when we do it is not good food. So that is one of my new years resolutions. To eat out 1x a week or less. Also, Dr Oz emphasizes that you should know your numbers. For instance, your waist is the most important number to know. (Even more important than weight.) Also, your blood pressure. And your body fat percentage. So in this show I learned about, National Body Challenge 2007. It is completely free! And believe it or not with registering through Discovery Health Channel, you get 8 weeks of free membership to Bally Gyms. (wish we had one here) You also get meal plans for your own body, exercise routines, and so on..... so Dan and I are doing that. The 8 week challenge starts on January 13th (someones birthday!) So wish us luck!
So here we go on to a new year. I am really looking forward to this new year. In a few months we will be finding out our next duty station. That is of course is exiting in itself! We will also continue to take college courses to continue on the path of graduating. Dan will graduate this year with his Associates degree. And, I will be right behind him with mine! Many new adventures to come! We hope you all have a very happy new year! Anyone want to share your new years resolutions????
And to go right with this, last night I was watching the Discovery Health channel. (One of my new favorite channels to watch) Ever heard of Dr Oz and Dr Rosin? Well, I first saw them on Oprah a couple of months ago. Together they wrote the book YOU the owners manual (currently have that checked out from the library) and also YOU on a diet. They currently have a program on Discovery health Channel called YOU on a diet. It's a really eye opening show and very educational. Watching Dr OZ back on the Oprah show really woke me up. I decided then and there that we as a family needed to change some lifestyle habits. One of them was eating out. We eat out way too often, and when we do it is not good food. So that is one of my new years resolutions. To eat out 1x a week or less. Also, Dr Oz emphasizes that you should know your numbers. For instance, your waist is the most important number to know. (Even more important than weight.) Also, your blood pressure. And your body fat percentage. So in this show I learned about, National Body Challenge 2007. It is completely free! And believe it or not with registering through Discovery Health Channel, you get 8 weeks of free membership to Bally Gyms. (wish we had one here) You also get meal plans for your own body, exercise routines, and so on..... so Dan and I are doing that. The 8 week challenge starts on January 13th (someones birthday!) So wish us luck!
So here we go on to a new year. I am really looking forward to this new year. In a few months we will be finding out our next duty station. That is of course is exiting in itself! We will also continue to take college courses to continue on the path of graduating. Dan will graduate this year with his Associates degree. And, I will be right behind him with mine! Many new adventures to come! We hope you all have a very happy new year! Anyone want to share your new years resolutions????
Comments