John Cooner (aka Papa Jr.)

Well usually I leave the blogging up to Leah, but this is a situation that I felt I needed to post something. I met Leah's Grandpa (AKA Papa Jr.) in December 2003. From the moment that I met him, I could just feel that he had a kind and wonderful spirit with him. When we met he made me feel like I was already a part of the Cooner Family. When we were getting ready to leave I remeber him giving me advice about my Jeep and saying, "Take care and Love Ya." It was kind of weird, but it was very special because Leah and Reva told me how he nevers says that. I would always laugh at the corny little jokes that he would tell to everyone. He could just light up a room and make you forget about the bad things going on. I remember the look on his face the day Leah and I got married. He had this smile on his face and you could see that him being able to walk Leah down the isle was probably one of the proudest moments of his life. I am sad that I was not able to go with Leah and Ben to San Diego on this past trip, I really would have like to see him interacting with his Great Grandson. It is an amazing thing when you can get 4 generations together. I know how much Leah misses him already, but I know that he is watching over all of us and Benjamin will always have his Papa Jr there as his personal Guardian Angel. I Love You Papa Jr. and you will be in our hearts forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound

Decorating the boys room