Leah get's some news.....

So yesterday.......my doctor called me and told me that I have skin cancer. I had 4 biopsy's done on my shoulders and back a few days ago and they all came back saying that I have melinoma and carcinoma skin cancer. It was pretty scary because the doctor told me that I need to get in for surgery to see how deep it is and before it spreads to the brain or liver. ..Yeah...that would be good...brain and liver definately a plus for me to have......just kidding....so anyways...she said that it is deep and wants to see in surgery how deep it is. She told me that sorry but I will have scaring....who cares I thought. Just get the big C word out of my body. Cancer...how is this possible I am sooo young. But you know what? That darn sun is pretty harmful. So my advice to all of you that read this. Please wear sunscreen even if your skin type doesn't burn. And keep a close eye on anything on your skin that might resemble an odd looking mole or discoloration of skin. I wear sunscreen every day anyways because I burn so easily. And we live in the sun capital. This really came out of the blue for me though. I went to the dermatologist just to ask a question about something else, she decided to look at my skin after noticing something. So happy that I went when I did. So please keep our family in your prayers. We would really appreciate it. Here is a link to read more about skin cancer.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/skin-cancer/DS00190

Comments

Anonymous said…
Leah, my family will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound