Domestic Goddess
It's official...........I am a domestic goddess! And here is what is left of the proof...............

Last night I made a yummy dinner (and didn't burn it). And I made cocoa banana bread from scratch (and didn't burn it)...and kept it healthy!!!!! Wahoooooo I am really excited. Here is the recipe for the bread for anyone interested. The recipe comes from my great friend Brenda in Alaska. Thank you Brenda!!!
Cocoa Banana Bread:(aka: bread so good it doesn't last:)
surprise...it's diet and doesn't taste like it!
1/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar(I used splenda)
2-3 ripe mashed bananas
2 egg whites
1 3/4 cup flour(I used whole wheat flour)
3tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp each of baking soda and baking powder
1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
In a large bowl mix margarine and sugar. Mix in mashed bananas and 2 egg whites. Add flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add yogurt and vanilla extract. Pour batter into a loaf pan that is sprayed with cooking spray and lightly floured. Bake at 350' degree for 50 to 60 minutes or until bread springs back when pressed.
Makes 12 servings.
Optional to really add yummy-ness (I didn;t because of the sugar bet)
add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.

Last night I made a yummy dinner (and didn't burn it). And I made cocoa banana bread from scratch (and didn't burn it)...and kept it healthy!!!!! Wahoooooo I am really excited. Here is the recipe for the bread for anyone interested. The recipe comes from my great friend Brenda in Alaska. Thank you Brenda!!!
Cocoa Banana Bread:(aka: bread so good it doesn't last:)
surprise...it's diet and doesn't taste like it!
1/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar(I used splenda)
2-3 ripe mashed bananas
2 egg whites
1 3/4 cup flour(I used whole wheat flour)
3tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp each of baking soda and baking powder
1/2 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
In a large bowl mix margarine and sugar. Mix in mashed bananas and 2 egg whites. Add flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add yogurt and vanilla extract. Pour batter into a loaf pan that is sprayed with cooking spray and lightly floured. Bake at 350' degree for 50 to 60 minutes or until bread springs back when pressed.
Makes 12 servings.
Optional to really add yummy-ness (I didn;t because of the sugar bet)
add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
Comments
amie
PS- I am so glad that you guys have a blog. I feel like we keep in touch so much better!