Welcome to the world princess

Isabella Marguerite Gardner
Born June 27, 2011 at San Ramon Medical Center
8 pounds 11 ounces
21 inches long

About 4 hours before the surgery, we dropped the boys off with the Moore Family. They took the boys to the local Alameda Fair. Dan surprised me and brought me to a hair salon. They waxed my eyebrows and cut, colored, and straightened my hair. Dan then went home and cleaned up the house. I was so grateful for my amazing hubby and wonderful friends.

My c-section was scheduled for 5:30pm at night. This is one of the last pregnant pictures before the surgery. I was retaining so much water!!!
 Putting on my brave face. They could not find a good vein for my IV. I felt like a pin cushion. Ouch!
 While Dan was waiting to be called in to the OR, he took pictures of himself in the mirror. He had to wait an hour. It took that long for the anesthesiologist to do my spinal block.
 IT'S A GIRL! First pictures of our sweet girl being checked after she was delivered.
Peaceful sleeper
Dan took off her beanie cap to show her hair.

 The night of the delivery the boys spent the night with our friends from church. (The Moore family) The next morning Dan went and picked them up and Ben and Zach were able to meet their baby sister for the very first time. So sweet.
 Both of the boys were so gentle with her.
 Dan surprised me and took this picture. I am looking a little tired. But Isabella looks so precious. She melts my heart. * Side Note - She immediately latched on to nursing. She is a champ at nursing.
* I am sad to say that my cell phone was stolen when we stayed at the hospital. There were pictures on it with Dan and I in the OR when Bella was first born. So those pictures are now gone. But we still have the special memories. And we also have the beautiful pictures from our SLR camera. I just wish we had more pictures of Bella with Dan! :)*

The day after Isabella was born, my Mom was able to drive up from San Diego. She was able to watch the boys while Dan and I stayed at the hospital with Isabella. She was a big help. And it was a really beautiful moment when I saw my Mom hold Isabella for the first time. She cried and said she was perfect. I will never forget that.


Gramma Liz was not able to make it out for the delivery. But she spoiled Isabella with beautiful nursery furniture, blankets, diaper bag, baby goodies, and sent these beautiful flowers.
A few days later, my Mom came by with the boys and some surprise presents. Ben got in some more holding time. And Zach enjoyed eating up the graham crackers.

Never too much pink!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound