THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

My little brother Daniel graduated Army boot camp. So, my wonderful hubby offered to watch the boys, while my Mom and I had a girls trip to the south! We flew in to Atlanta, Georgia and first met up at the airport. We then drove to Alabama to visit my best friend Brenda who is stationed there for a few months with her family and the Army. Her hubby is finishing up his helicopter pilot schooling. After being spoiled by Brenda, the next morning we woke up and hit the road to meet up with my brother in South Carolina. On our way to South Carolina, driving through Georgia, we found a treasure of the trip. THE ORCHARDS is my new favorite place to buy presents for friends and myself! I found a vintage looking apron that I am in love with.

We finally made it to Fort Jackson and found Daniel. We enjoyed a few hours with him and took him out to dinner. We were also able to see him in formation with his company that he went through basic with. After switching hotels once, we got some beauty sleep. And then woke up for his graduation the next morning. After graduation we took him out to lunch. Then said our goodbyes. Drove back to Georgia, and flew back home. Whew! So much in such a little time!

Deep fried, Southern Hospitality! We seriously ate our way through the south!
GEORGIA
THE BEST BBQ SANDWICH I HAVE EVER TASTED!!!!!!!
My Mom and I got a picture by the Deep pit oven.




On the road with delicious BBQ!


You can't go to the south without getting some real Fried Green Tomatoes!


The trees were just so pretty! Here is a picture taken from out the window. On the road we listened to the latest Michael Jackson CD just released ("THIS IS IT") that we picked up on the road and of course some good old country music. ALABAMA

Finally got in around 9pm. So tired of driving, but had to get a few pictures with my best friend Brenda! Brenda had a homemade delicious dinner waiting for us! So yummy! Brenda and I stayed up till 2am giggling and laughing like we were back in high school. And my Momma fell asleep on the couch. :0) Her hubby was flying helicopters that night. It was total girl time after her little boy went to sleep.


Her cutie pie son Dylan loved showing us his Scooby Doo costume from last year. And his Indiana Jones costume for this year.

My Mom and I fell in love with Princess Sadie!

The next morning Brenda sent us off with a goody bag full of road trip goodies! Yet, my Momma HAD to have some Krispy Cremes! I really felt like we were in a movie in this little town.


On the drive out from Alabama, the ticker in front of the bank was announcing the whole town was gathering at the front of the bank for the unveiling of the Peanut Man Memorial. We missed the peanut festival. But had some good laughs over the fuss over Peanut Man. :) SOUTH CAROLINA


This was pretty special to see my brother Daniel graduate boot camp in the same place that my hubby Dan graduated! Relaxin Jackson is not so relaxin I guess.......

Watching the graduation ceremony -
After the ceremony, all the graduating companies marched in front of us. We yelled and hollered at my brother. He later told us that it was really hard to keep a straight face and not smile.

The Army band marching right in front of us.

My Mom and I waited under the tent to give him his balloons.
We finally met up with him in the crowds! And, threw patriotic confetti on him!

My brother opening his "present". We got him a GI JOE metal tin filled with some treats to help him survive the Army. ;) He got a good laugh out of it.
My little brother and I after his graduation. I am so proud of him!!

Proud Mama and her baby boy



Daniel wanted to stand in front of the California flag!

Graduation lunch at Hooters. We gave the waitress some little Army tanks to put on his piece of pie. And then about 5 waitresses came and threw confetti on him and said Congratulations. :)

Deep fried pickles!
Daniel's wife Autumn, Daniel, Leah, and Reva

Comments

Looks like you had a great trip to the deep south! Isn't it beautiful back here?? I love it! Any word on where you guys will be stationed next?

So proud of Daniel... and I had no idea he is married! Glad you and your mama could be there for his special day.
Adele said…
Ooooh! So happy for your brother. And your mom, really. She must be so proud. Glad you got to share that with both of them.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound