H1N1

We had it. We survived it. And now we are immune to it. :)

Seriously though....... I had a 104 fever during the worst part of it and Dan had a 105 and had to go to the ER. The boys had all of the other symptoms that we had(coughing all day and night, congestion, sore throat, body aches, nauseous, headache) minus the high fevers. There temps never went above 100'. So all in all, we got lucky. :) The boys were never technically diagnosed. I was diagnosed at our Dr's office on base. And Dan was diagnosed along with bronchitus at the ER. But, I am still wondering if the boys should be vaccinated just in case? Does anyone have any experience on these vaccinations yet? I know there have been shortages. When it's available, should I get the boys vaccinated?

Comments

Erin said…
Here's my 2 cents... We all had it- even milder than yall did, and I am not risking any extra vaccinations just in case some bit of all the hoopla you hear is true. Just regular flu shots for us please!
Pam Dowell said…
Well, my kids are 8 and 5 and have had their flu shots. I called their ped. dr. and their were highly recommending everyone get the H1N1 shots. The kids' school were offering them, so I had them get the shots. Now the kids are suppose to get a second shot and I'm debating that one, I'm going to call their dr. back and see what they say. The kids had the shot, not the nasal spray (that is the live virus) and did not have any reactions from it. To answer your question though, I would double check with their dr. because they were exposed to you and Danny and probably had a mild verison of it, they may be immuned to it. I Don't know if that helped or not, but hey it is a frustrating decision to make, I know.

Good luck!!! Love ya, Pammy (Cuz from Indy)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound