It's a boy and I couldn't be happier

Yes Dan....you beat me to it....you got to announce our little bundles anatomy. :)

Well, as every wife will probably tell you, they want a little girl just like them. And the husband will say they want a boy just like them also. And don't get me wrong having a little Leah running around with black curls in her hair and freckles on her cheeks, would tinkle me pink. So pink in fact you would think someone threw up pepto bismol in her room! ;) And if a girl came as Dan as a father she would have him wrapped around his strong Army finger. But the minute that we found out it was a boy, my heart leaped, and I could hear Dan's excitement straight through the phone.

It wasn't that I wanted a girl versus a boy. It was that everyone thought it was a girl. Dan, myself, Grandma Sue, little cousin Gavin......and especially Ben with repeating that a little girl is in mommy's tummy. So it was a surprise that we are having a second boy. But SO exciting!!!!

I love that Ben will have a buddy. I love that we already have all things blue and sports related, and more clothes than we could ever need. And I love that since we don't have to buy a whole new line of pink wardrobe, we can spend that extra dough on a special high chair, swing, or other items that we don't have or that were borrowed with Ben. And let's face it, it's one less wedding to fully pay for. ;) And the fact is, I grew up a tomboy. I love all and any sports. I can not wait to be a soccor, t-ball, or pee wee football mom! And to be honest, Dan and I could not decide on a girl's name. But the boys name are flowing like lava. None to be mentioned quite yet on the blog, but we do have our ideas. :)

So yes, we are thrilled that another blue bundle is headed our way. We hope you share our joy and excitement as well. :)

PS ~ DVD and pictures of ultrasound to come - as soon as my computer starts to cooperate with me.

Comments

Sparkle Mama said…
Yippee! Congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby "Bean" Gardner first ultrasound