Every day attempts

So Dan is gone to a Army training until May 12th. I miss him so much. Ben misses him. The house is a "not so fun" quiet lately. But, I am not going to sit around and think about it. I am trying to be productive and accomplish things. I have made like ten lists of what I can (or should) get done. The TV is rarely on unless it is at night. At night is when I turn on the TV for noise. I hate being in the house alone with Ben at night. Even though I feel completely safe here on our military base, I still wish we had a dog right now. So anyhoo, I mentioned lists that I have made. One of them is my "To Do list". (PS - You can ask Dan - I am obsessed with Microsoft Word and making list documents!!!!!) At the top of my to do list is something I have titled "Every day attempts". This really got me thinking. (Uh oh...look out)Here is my "Every day attempts".
Every Day attempt:
Homework
Scripture time
Daily Prayer
Exercise
Outside play time with Ben
At night – take shower
Floss
Couple prayer time with Dan and gospel discussion
They are simple tasks that I want to accomplish every day that I can never seem to finish. I know we all have them. I was just wondering am I alone in this feeling of never finishing everything? Yes - I am a little shall we say...."anal" when it comes to wanting to accomplish things. (Mom- I will blame this one on you.) I feel lately the queen of perfectionism. Wanting to do it all, but not being able to. So my list of "Daily attempts" are my own personal attempt at trying to not be so scheduled.......hahahahahahahaaaa...go figure huh? I make a list to try and not be so scheduled......Isn't it ironic......
Comments
I LOVE the picture you posted for this particular blog. When you come to Utah I'm going to take you to Gardner Village to a girls-only store that features these retro/funny mommy pics on magnets and stationary. It's so fun!
OK...back to the subject. I LOVE lists. It helps give me a feeling of accomplishment, like I actually have done something. That way I don't always need to feel so validated when Mike comes home and he doesn't notice that I weeded the flower bed! Hope that makes sense.
Have fun with your mom when she gets there!