"Mother's guilt"
Every time that I call my Mom complaining about swollen feet or heartburn from this pregnancy, my Mom is always quick to ask.......
"Are you writing this down? Because you really need to write this down. This is perfect "Mothers guilt". One day Benjamin will be a wild teenager and you'll need to be able to say, you better be good...do you know what I had to go through for you?"
Hence the term.... "Mother's guilt". So yes, as you might soon find out from reading this post... I am a bit.... shall we say.......emotional? Just know that even though I need to vent.....I love the little guy in my belly more than he knows. And I just can't wait for him to join us here in the real world.
But Mom, to anwser your question......yes ......I am writing it down. :) Today we can add the following to the mothers guilt list:
*Not being able to take more than tylenol for pain. And I have pain. I dropped a jar of peanut butter on my toe and managed to break it. .......Have some tylenol. My elbow won't extend due to being swollen from some serious tendinitus and according to orthopedics has needed surgery for months........Have some tylenol. I have an ingrown toe nail...here, have some tylenol.....Is it me or am I falling apart???? Is this really supposed to come with the prego territory???
* Not being able to get a procedue done at the dentist. Therefore leading to tooth pain...tylenol...aisle 2.
* And my latest, biggest beef with the downside of being pregnant...not being able to fly! One of my best friends is getting married tomorrow, and I can't see her on her special day.......
WAAHHHH!!!! Someone get me some ice cream!
"Are you writing this down? Because you really need to write this down. This is perfect "Mothers guilt". One day Benjamin will be a wild teenager and you'll need to be able to say, you better be good...do you know what I had to go through for you?"
Hence the term.... "Mother's guilt". So yes, as you might soon find out from reading this post... I am a bit.... shall we say.......emotional? Just know that even though I need to vent.....I love the little guy in my belly more than he knows. And I just can't wait for him to join us here in the real world.
But Mom, to anwser your question......yes ......I am writing it down. :) Today we can add the following to the mothers guilt list:
*Not being able to take more than tylenol for pain. And I have pain. I dropped a jar of peanut butter on my toe and managed to break it. .......Have some tylenol. My elbow won't extend due to being swollen from some serious tendinitus and according to orthopedics has needed surgery for months........Have some tylenol. I have an ingrown toe nail...here, have some tylenol.....Is it me or am I falling apart???? Is this really supposed to come with the prego territory???
* Not being able to get a procedue done at the dentist. Therefore leading to tooth pain...tylenol...aisle 2.
* And my latest, biggest beef with the downside of being pregnant...not being able to fly! One of my best friends is getting married tomorrow, and I can't see her on her special day.......
WAAHHHH!!!! Someone get me some ice cream!
Comments